Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Testosterzone Vacation

So, just to clarify something... this is not California, people.
A hot day on the Oregon Coast means temps in the 70's.
Yeah.
And the water?
Pretty much a constant 55 degrees,
in the summer.

Alrighty, then.



That would be my boys, with the boogie board, trying to surf.
Because that's what you do at the beach.




Wyatt bought the boogie board with some of his birthday money,
but being the lean, mean adrenaline machine
that he is, he took a few runs, turned blue,
and handed the board over to Tate,
who tolerates cold a bit better.




Tate body-surfed while Wyatt had his turns, and then happily rode the (little) waves to shore until he could barely talk, his teeth were chattering so hard.


Too bad there aren't any pics of Gunnar, because he was right there with them.
"Mama! That wave lifted me right off my feet!"

That's my boys.

4 comments:

Ruby said...

Loving all the holiday pics and the excitement of the Disneyland trip!!!!
Also loving the water theme on the blog. Very thematic!
Is it back to the school routine for you and the guys now?

leah said...

I know that cold water! I grew up in Riverside and we went to Southern California beaches (warmer water). THen we took a camping trip to Northern California and went to the beach: BRRRRR!!!! You have some stalwart boys there!

The dB family said...

Awesome photos! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. So did you ever make it into that 55 degree water :0)? The sunset photos are stunning!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I walked the beach every morning, and played at the beach most days with the boys, but swim? Not me!

I'll swim in the lakes around here, but 55F is out of my comfort zone! I did stand in it, up to about my knees, while the boys were boogie boarding and body-surfing, just in case anyone got into trouble.