Oh, I am feeling so very good.
Didn't I say that I look at September as a new beginning?
I have just created and printed out my "chore manifesto" for the house. Following the lead of an amazing mom of nine, I have daily, weekly, and monthly expectations for the various areas of the house. And if I get really ambitious, I'll color-code them, and post them room by room.
Want an example?
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23
Bathroom - Weekly
* Clean exterior of toilet with windex and paper towels - all around the tank, the handle, top and bottom of lid, top and bottom of seat, sides and front of bowl, and the base.
* Clean toilet bowl with Lysol and brush
* Clean the floor on both sides and behind the toilet with paper towels and windex
* Move things off the counter
Use windex and a clean rag to:
* Wipe toothbrush holder, cup dispenser, and soap dispenser
* Wipe mirror
* Wipe counter and dry
* Clean faucet and sink, pay attention to the gunk in the drain
* Dry with a clean rag
* Empty trash
* Wipe switchplates, outlets and doorknobs with disinfecting wipes
* Towels and mats to the laundry hamper
* Wipe the trash can with the wipes from the doorknobs, etc.
* Sweep the floor and wipe with a damp rag
* Paper towels
* Lysol (toilet bowl cleaner)
* Toilet brush
* Little brush for sink and drain
* Disinfecting wipes
Well, isn't that just perfect, now?
Of course, there's still one minor little detail...
... getting the boys to DO it all.
I'll think about that tomorrow.