I keep starting posts and not finishing them. Life just gets in the way. Laundry accumulates. People want meals at semi-regular intervals. And soccer practices intrude on our evenings. An idea strikes me, but there's no time to develop it. You? Ever?
So my draft file has a lot of great ideas, but they're dangling there, waiting for motivation and/or free, uninterrupted brain cells. Consequently, here are some of my incomplete thoughts of the day...
1. If you have toddlers or preschoolers and someone like their grampa gives them giant magnets, because magnets are Really Cool (which they are), keep your kids away from the TV screen. (Where did that memory come from?)
2. I hate, and I mean really really hate, grit in my bed. I sweep and I sweep, but somebody isn't checking his feet before he climbs in. *grrrrr*
3. Wyatt, in a classic Proverbs 22:15 moment, announced today that he saw no reason to finish school and would like to drop out. Now. (He is 14, need I say more?) This is the same boy who - when presented with chores that involve manual labor - claims that when he grows up he wants a job that uses his mind, not his muscles. Yah. No inconsistency there. Quit griping and finish your math already.
4. Once we got through our school work, we had an adventure today. The boybarians and I went shopping with Gramma Grasshopper. (Due to a stress fracture in her leg that is not healing, and recent hand surgery preventing her from "crutching", she is temporarily in a wheel-chair.) We hit Wal-Mart and Costco with our little convoy. Wyatt was her cart-pusher, Tate was her chair-pusher, and Gunnar was her fetcher. And when I say "hit"... if an over-enthusiastic pusher pushed into you, I'm truly sorry.
5. The highlight of my day (besides Gramma thanking all of us with a treat at Coldstone) may have been hanging a jumbo-size load of laundry out on the line and having it get dry.
6. Other than that, the only thing I crossed off the Mother Load was something I noticed I'd written twice. *sigh* So altogether, it's been a daily day.
7. But you know what? I'm not the first to say this, but I think comments are a Love Language. Y'all make my day :D
I won a contest! Picture me - no - picture the dad in The Christmas Story. It's a... it's a major award! Or at least a fun award ;D