Well, we got a surprise anyway.
1. The view out the window. That was what I was going to show you - the view out the window. It tantalizes the boys to look out their window and see this:
Snow. Up in the hills just above us. Out of reach.
But - lo! - we woke to this:
|Still dark, early this morning.|
Much to Wyatt's dismay, school was not cancelled.
I wonder if Superintendent McTwitchy got some flak for
closing the schools back in December?
Nobody likes make-up days in June.
|Gunnar likes this tree, in spite of the garbage bag the wind deposited in the branches|
Plus, hello... this is not Atlanta.
In this neck of the woods,
civilization doesn't come to a screeching halt
over a dusting of snow. ;D
2. Thanks so much for all your input on quilts and pricing. I really appreciate having such encouraging friends :D
|See how the tops of the hills look all smudgy? That's more snow falling.|
3. Wyatt earned another promotion, at CAP. Not a great pic, but a fun memory. Now I have two Cadet Senior Master Sergeants in the house.
And here are his footprints, heading off to the bus.
|Making tracks for school...|
4. This kid cracks me up. He reads. A LOT.
Different days, different books, different sweats...
same boy, same chair, but - even better!- with cocoa,
which he prefers to drink with a straw.
Because, of course.
And here he is, building a zoo out of blocks for all the little plastic animals,
with his buddy, Sammy.
I love how they were both concentrating.
Sammy was aware of me with the camera,
and would occasionally put up his hand and tell me,
"Not ready, not ready."
Apparently, the zoo wasn't quite ready to receive visitors.
5. Recognize this? I think I've shown it before on snowy days.
Maybe the lone, ill-aimed suction-tip Nerf dart will give it away...
it's our skylight, with a dusting of snow.
I love the warm glow on snowy mornings, when the sun first comes up.
|Out my office window...|
|In the boys' room|
6. I know I'm craving light. Love, love, love the way the snow sparkles in the sunlight.
|Out the living room window.|
7. I'm not big on decorating for Valentine's Day.
Probably because pink and cutesie aren't my native language.
And fat babies armed with bows and arrows are, well...
kind of disturbing, to tell the truth.
But the house seemed so bare without all the Christmas/winter stuff.
And red is always good, yah?
So I made this. For me.
|In the dining room.|
All three blocks are the same. I'm hoping they'll look like stars at Christmas, like snowflakes after Christmas, and maybe even like fireworks around Independence Day.
I think the block is called Sisters Choice.
8. TMI? Morning sun in the bedroom...
Now you know the truth.
The bed isn't made.
(My mom is hanging her head in shame.)
Well, there's still someone in it when I get up and get going!
But doesn't that look cozy?
We got new, blue flannel sheets for Christmas (thanks, Mom!)
The white down comforter is peeking out at the top.
And my quilt - maybe I made it bigger than necessary? -
covers the whole bed in snuggly comfort.
And that's my scattered thoughts for the morning.