Friday, September 18, 2009

Recovering...

You guys are so faithful! I've barely been posting, and I'm still getting friendly comments. :0)

Tate is recovering. Every day we are thankful. He's not 100% yet, but doing really well. (He's outside in Dino-opolis now...)

But me... true to form, I stayed strong through the "storm." All through the stressful hospital stay I was calm, encouraging, at peace. Everything was smooth. My folks and Kerry were holding down the home-front and I didn't worry or stress about what was (or wasn't) getting done.

And then we came home. And the next day I crashed.

Nasty cold. Weak. Bleary eyed. Painful pressure in my head (sinuses) and the meds make me really, really loopy. Sore throat. No voice. I was sleeping almost 12 hours for the first few nights.

I don't know why this happens to me. I remember in college I'd often 'crash' after finals week.

Now there's light at the end of the tunnel... and it's not a train. I'm feeling better, Tate's feeling better, and we're all getting back in the groove. We even did school this week. Not a full schedule, but enough. Tate actually wanted to - to get back into routine.

He even felt well enough to go to McDonald's yesterday :0)

6 comments:

The dB family said...

Hooray for baby steps!! So sorry you had to get sick too, but glad you're both starting to feeling better!

Blessings!
Deborah

Choate Family said...

Yeah for God's grace and for family and friends to help out!

Anonymous said...

Awww...

I do that too. I'm courageous and strong during a crisis. My body lets me know AFTER that I'm still a wus. I'm praying you and Tate both are feeling 100% very soon!

One of the blessings of homeschooling? You can ease back into it at your own pace and be fine!

Hugs to you and yours!

leah said...

Ugh- I hope you feel better soon! I think we mommies expend all of our energy in a crisis, then when the crisis passes... WHAM! Everything hits us full force!

It is good news that the boys want to get back into a routine. Here's to an illness-free fall!

The Hibbard Family said...

I do the exact same thing, nearly every time. Praying that the healing and recovery will continue!

Craig and Heather said...

a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not a train.

I'll have to remember that one.

Have been praying for you and your boys. Sounds like a rough end to the summer. Actually making you look forward to school - whodathunk

Craig