Sunday, September 27, 2009

Simple Woman #29


FOR TODAY September 28, 2009

Outside My Window... green and red leaves on my dogwood tree, laundry flapping in the COLD breeze. It's 56F!

I am thinking... (apparently nothing, as I left this blank on the first run through, but I'll try again...) I am thinking of lots of fun projects I'd like to accomplish for Christmas gifts, and of the fall decorating I'd really like to be doing. And that I really wish something was bubbling away in the crock pot, but I think we'll clean out the fridge tonight instead.

I am thankful for... the doc's office just called and rescheduled Wyatt's appointment from 7pm Thurs evening to this afternoon. Much better :0)

Kerry has lots of work to do right now - which is WONDERFUL. After a rocky start the boys have settled into today's work nicely. We have one more sunny day.

I am praying for… wisdom at the doc's office regarding decisions for Wyatt.

From the learning rooms... math - fact families, fractions and percents, converting units, language - spelling, and punctuating quotes, history - the slave trade, science (tomorrow) - how using salt to lower the freezing temperature of water can help us make a tasty treat :0)

From the kitchen... maybe leftovers tonight :0)

I am wearing... jeans, navy blue t-shirt, purple sweatshirt, socks... summer has definitely left us.

I am creating... uhhhhh, I have great plans. Yeah.

I am going... to the doc with Wyatt, and to soccer practice with Tate.

I am reading... The Church, for our adult Sunday School class. I think it was written for seminary students, not your average Joe like me. This is taking some work.

I am hoping... for peace with the boys in our schedule, schoolwork and chores.

I am hearing... the washer gurgling and the boys playing downstairs.

Around the house... the boys cleaned one of the bathrooms yesterday and what an improvement! I love how the house is filled with light on sunny days. And my chocolate candle really, really is wonderful.

One of my favorite things... boys who work with a good attitude.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: the usual round of 6 soccer practices, AWANA, soccer games (4 this week, instead of 3). Plus, Octoberfest at Kerry's cousin's house, and my brother and sister's b'day party on Sunday. No, they're not twins. Their b'days are 2 years and 2 days apart.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

The Chapel, with newly paved parking lot.
Taken by Wyatt.

6 comments:

Choate Family said...

I just delete the "I am creating..." because it seems as if I am never creating anything but clean clothes!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Woo Hoo for clean clothes!

Melissa @ Half Dozen Mama said...

Just found your blog on my visit back to the Simple Mom's Daybook today after months of a break (or forgetfulness, I suppose). Loved the analogy of herding grasshoppers. I only have 2 boys, but six children and my efforts feel very much the same.

The dB family said...

Love the photo of the chapel! What a pretty place for a wedding!

Ice cream and a chocolate candle!? Would the scent of the candle help you resist eating too much ice cream? If so, I must indulge in one immediately!

dtbrents said...

That is a beautiful chapel. It's great having boys. Never a dull moment. The fall of the year is great. Have a wonderful week. Doylene

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Good to meet you, Doylene.

Are you the FLY lady?

Julie