Friday, November 27, 2009

Blitz-It Friday, again

I do not shop the day after Thanksgiving.  I have no love for the shopping maul.  But I did have a very productive day!

A Blitz-It Day.

The boys have stripped their beds, tidied their dressers (a perpetual clutter zone), picked up the playroom, swept the porches, and cleaned up several wheel-barrow loads of windfall from the yard.  Yea, boys!  (I'm fairly certain some fatherly help was involved, too, so yea Kerry!)

Meanwhile, with all of them outside (and out from underfoot), I:

* cleaned the stove - soooo much better!
* cleaned the kitchen sink/s - a clean sink makes me happy
* cleaned the fish bowl - a clean bowl makes Jack happy
* moved furniture - I always like this -seems like a new room
* washed the windows downstairs - Yuck!  When did they get so dirty?
* vacuumed the living room and dining room - all the way to the edges and under the table
* put away all the fall decorations - all clean surfaces
* did four loads of laundry - sheets, throw-rugs, and clothes
* got Kerry to help me move two chairs I've never liked out of the living room and into the playroom, and another chair back to the living room - big visual improvement
* and got through all my music for Messiah once more.

I still need to put fresh sheets on the boys' beds.  It's time for flannel!  But, all in all, it's been a very satisfying day, and...

YAAAA!  Now I'm ready to decorate for Christmas!

LOVE IT.

1 comment:

Jena Webber said...

Be STILL my heart! Are you participating? I am so geeked. You are ambitious and godly. I was just wondering how you were doing. I so much appreciate your sense of humor and desire to serve God at the same time.