Monday, November 2, 2009

Simple Woman #34





FOR TODAY     November 2, 2009

Outside my window...  bare branches, leaves all over the yard, and busy busy squirrels.

I am thinking...  about the Ordination Service at church, yesterday.  Very impressive, for all the right reasons.

I am thankful for...  only five more days until Wyatt goes to Disneyland!

I am praying for...  my family to stay healthy, especially Wyatt!

I am wearing...  Duh.

I am creating...  I got a good idea for Christmas gifts.

I am going...  to stay home A LOT this week.

I am reading...  still Little House books, with the boys.  We're all enjoying it.

I am hearing...   boys playing, the laundry sloshing around, and tappety-tappety-tappety.

I am remembering...  a year ago I was recovering from having my tonsils out.  No strep throat in a year!

From the learning rooms...  classifying triangles, "Miller Time", Louis XIV, and science experiments with toothpaste and deodorant.

From the kitchen...  Kerry is on duty tonight, and the next few Monday evenings :0)

Around the house...  clutter is creeping up on us.  Time to beat it back into submission.

On my mind...  I love this time of year.  I love the cozy feeling of NOT having to take anyone to soccer practice, and having all my kiddos home under one roof during the evening.  I don't mind it getting dark early when we can light candles and sit around together and read.

Noticing that...  we just went off Daylight Savings Time and WOW is it dark early!

Pondering these words... Men and melons are hard to know.  Benjamin Franklin

One of my favorite things...  turkey pot pie.

A few plans for the rest of the week...   let's see... Moms In Touch is here, then there's a rehearsal, a piano lesson, and AWANA.  And that's about it.  YIPPEEE!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Looking up at my office windows... before the wind.


6 comments:

Cutzi said...

I just loved the ordination service! I have not been able to stop thinking about it since yesterday morning. What a blessing to be a part of. And, as usual, I am so thankful my children get to witness these things as well.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Yes!

We often go to first service, but chose second service because I wanted the boys to be part of that.

I love that the Chapel includes the kids.

leah said...

What a beautiful picture outside your office window! I am totally craving a pot pie now, by the way. YUM.

The dB family said...

That photo is stunning!! I love the golds and crimsons against the dark blue of the house! It's a framer!

Praying everyone stays healthy at your house!

Blessings!
Deborah

dtbrents said...

The tree is beautiful. Not many leaves left on our trees. I love to light candles but I don't think I could read by them. I did read one night by an oil lamp when we lost our power. I see better with lots of light. It sounds like you have a fun week ahead of you. I hope you and your family enjoy it to the fullest. Doylene

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh... we don't read by candle light... I just like them burning because I love the smell and the "atmosphere" :0)