Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Only From The Mind Of Tate

*** FYI - The following is not a Deep or Insightful post.  Just a little peek into my daily life.***

Leafing through Tate's math folder recently, I found this little gem he seems to have written last summer.  For whatever reason, (Lion King, perhaps?) he had a song on his mind.  Of course, not knowing the actual words to the song won't stop the creative force that is Tate.  (Nor, apparently, will his unconventional personal spelling system, *sigh*,  we're working on that.)

So, without further ado, I present to you,

A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts


I've got a lovley bunch of cocanuts
12 are brown the rest are pink
and on the insid theres
red n blue inke!

Ooooh
the cocanuts
the killer cocanuts
they are so happlesly squishy

Ooooh
I've gut an ugly bunch of cocanuts
10 eat wesuls
the others all twich

Oooooh
My 80 foot coocanuts
have lots of coofy (coffee)
in thyr navul cavitys

Ooooh
I've got a haples bunch of coconuts
all in a roe
on a Abrums tank
witch presently bluw up

And yes, he meant "hapless" as opposed to "helpless".  I checked.  And he defined it for me, more or less correctly.

Wyatt, laughing nearly uncontrollably while I read this aloud to make sure I was getting it right, said, "Tate!  I think you mean 'nasal cavities'!"  But, no, Tate was just using a unique expression for stomach... you know, near your navel.

6 comments:

Felicity said...

Somebody's definitely got some great creativity there! Keep it - when he's famous one day you can sell it and retire happily!! ;-))

Ruby said...

Oh priceless!!!
I love it!
Keep it with the sentence books for later in life.

Many years after they were written , and after she had left home, I discovered wonderful stories, mainly about horses, by my older daughter. She was mad about them and lists of horse name were on every book.

leah said...

80 foot coconuts with coffee in their belly buttons... Tate is the definition of a creative soul!

Choate Family said...

I really did laugh out loud when I read your post. I think our boys may be two peas in a pod (spelling woes & creativity)!

Unknown said...

Really good. What an imagination!!

Jena Webber said...

naval cavity? He could be an exercise teacher. As far as I know, it's a naval "dome"...

What a great talent. And tell him Mrs. Webber is a writing teacher and all.


"hyperish"