Monday, February 22, 2010

Simple Woman #48



FOR TODAY...  February 21, 2010

Outside my window...  bright sunshine melting the frost off yards and roofs, birds chirping, and neighbor kids walking to school.

I am thinking...  I forgot to link up last week's Simple Woman... the whole not-linking-on-Monday thing has thrown off my groove.  Oops.

I am thankful for...  the sunshine and the light. I feel like I'm coming out of hibernation.

I am praying for...  work for Kerry, self-motivation for the boys, and productivity for me.

I am creating...  I was going to leave this off this week, because I don't feel like I'm creating anything.  But, maybe, music :D

I am going...  to get all the rest of the laundry folded and put away, tidy my office, and (*ugh*) balance the checkbook.  I've been avoiding the check book.

I am hearing...  little birds, the boys playing downstairs (some big Lego battle, undoubtedly), and tappety-tappety-tappety.

I am remembering...  some little bird feeders I gave the boys for Christmas that we haven't put out yet.  Must find those.

From the learning rooms...  a stack of the ordinary - math, grammar, spelling, history (Catherine the Great), and a funky smell resulting from our experiments with steel wool and vinegar, and copper and vinegar.

From the kitchen...  cheerios on the floor, and the dishwasher running.

Around the house...  I still have a few red Valentine things out.  I should probably put them away, but I'm not ready to face spring yet.

On my mind...  I've been invited on an informal women's retreat with my church.  The note says, Weenie Dave Ache Asian.  I'm hoping to go.

Pondering these words... 

Lift up your heads, O ye gates;
and be ye lift up,
ye everlasting doors;
 and the King of glory shall come in.

Who is this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty,
the LORD mighty in battle. 

Lift up your heads,
O ye gates;
be ye  lift up,
ye everlasting doors;
and the King of glory shall come in


Who is this King of glory?
The LORD of hosts,
he is the King of glory.
I'm not usually a KJV person, but we're rehearsing this for Messiah, and I think it's my favorite.

One of my favorite things...  crossing things off my (endless) to do list.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  rehearsal tonight, Wyatt's piano lesson tomorrow, and Gunnar has AWANA on Wednesday.  We're hoping to have a couple from church over on Thursday.  I look at my calendar and it looks blissfully slow for this week... dare I hope?

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

 

Sometimes we're just not ready for Monday...
 

5 comments:

Felicity said...

I kind of liked the whole Monday thing - it gave me something to look forward to... Tuesday just doesn't feel the same. Oh well, won't complain. I hope you do have a slow week, and an enjoyable one too!

leah said...

Sigh... I am COMPLETELY ready for spring, but our snow doesn't completely stop until early May. We have about 12 inches outside at the moment, and will probably have more by the end of the week. We still have Valentine's Day stuff out- I'm not ready for the Patrick's Day things (and then, *gasp,* Easter)!

I love that picture- Mondays can be problematic!

LISA said...

Avoiding Monday seems to be a common thread in the posts I've been reading.
I do hope you get a slow week. Maybe if I hope for you a blessing I will get one too.

Choate Family said...

Oh, the Messiah! How I miss singing and playing that one :-) Enjoy it for me, please. I may have to pull out my score and the CD and have my own "sing-along".

Abi's Blog said...

Again... I LOVE your blog! God bless! Oh, and I still have Valentine stuff out too - in fact my rose is still pretty - I put it in the fridge while we were gone last week. :)
But in Colorado they still had Christmas out!