Monday, February 15, 2010

Simple Woman #49

FOR TODAY... February 15, 2010

Outside my window...  looks like we're in for a sunny day, which is especially nice since the public schools have a holiday and the boys want to take today off to play with their friends.

I am thinking...  Peggy, the woman who hosts the Simple Woman, ummmm... thing,  (what do you call this sort of bloggy convergence?) can be found by clicking on the words (SimpleWoman) below the picture above.  Apparently I'm not the only one who wants to do this but struggles to pull it off on Monday morning - just when the week is getting started.  At any rate, she's decided not to put up "Mr. Linky" until Tuesday.  Of course, anyone can post at any time, but the link won't be up on Monday.

I'll have to think about if I want to keep doing this on Monday.  Of course, nobody was forcing me ;D

I am thankful for...  having a mac.  Especially given the keyboard debacle of last weekend.

I am praying for...   still praying for Harry and Hazel, and for a family in Zambia who just lost their baby.  And for the boys - that they would desire to do their best.

I am wearing...  jeans, slippers, a teal henley.  "Working" clothes.  Must.  Clean.  Bathrooms.  Today.

I am remembering...  my high and noble goals to train the boys to do more of the housework.

I am going...  to revisit those goals.   And our schedule.  And make it happen.

I am currently reading...  just about finished reading Johnny Tremain with the boys.

I am hoping... *sigh*  to be the person I like to think I am.

I am hearing...   too much quiet.  Though I'm enjoying it, I should probably investigate.

From the learning rooms...  there's a large, Monday-morning pile of work awaiting us.  But the boys are lobbying to shift our week back a day, due to public schools being off today.  Which I don't mind. But it makes it harder for me to remember that today is Monday and I have rehearsal tonight.  And tomorrow, which will seem like Monday, will be filled with Monday's work and Wyatt's Tuesday piano lesson.  And so the week will go.

On my mind...  still turning this post over and over in my mind.

Noticing that...  I'm hearing spring birds chirping.

Pondering these words...

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people jumping up and down with joy?

I'm not naming any names...

Around the house...  red valentine decorations and red candles are still scattered about, after last night's family Valentine dinner.  Fun :D

One of my favorite things... the boys' delight in playing Stink Pink.

A picture thought I am sharing...

This is very nearly what I see across the dinner table most nights... *sigh*

4 comments:

Felicity said...

I love Calvin and Hobbes, and so do my children, but luckily nobody tries to imitate their face-pulling antics! At least not a dinner, and not where I can see ;-))
I actually enjoyed doing my daybook on a Monday - it gave me some 'compensation' for having to start the week!

Ritsumei said...

You and me. Bathrooms. Ugh. I feel the pain. I did at least get the toilet wiped off already though. Scrapbooking is so much more fun.

We're not quite to the Calvin-at-the-table stage yet, but I'm sure it's coming my way. However, adult men are generally pretty good company ;p , so you can at least be consoled by the fact that it's a passing thing!

leah said...

Before I had two boys, I thought Calvin and Hobbes was funny. Now, it is auto-biographical.

I am not quite sure what "stink-pink" is, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough!

The dB family said...

The kids here are pouring over the Calvin and Hobbes books here for the-I've-lost-count time. They still laugh every time at the wit of a grade one.

Hope you're having a great week!

Blessings!
Deborah

P.S. I must be lacking some brain cells because I can't answer any of the stink pink riddles :oS.