1. Our neighbor is mowing his lawn - no problem.
2. The washer is in that stage where it sounds like a jet engine, spooling up for take-off - I can handle that.
3. Someone in the neighborhood is banging something metal... what?
4. The city is apparently working on a major arterial, just two blocks over, and has diverted traffic onto our quiet, neighborhood street - fabulous (not).
5. Public Works is replacing a culvert across the edge of our property, necessitating digging up our driveway, one entire side of our yard, part of the neighbor's yard, and a section of the street. Hello heavy equipment, dump trucks, jack hammers, workers with loud radios (communication, not music), and vehicles that incessantly BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP whenever they're backing up. Or just left idling in reverse, for reasons I cannot, for-the-love-of-all-that-is-good-and-holy-please-make-that-sound-stop, explain.
Just another quiet, peaceful day of homeschooling.