Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Get your sunglasses...

Last night I went to a baby shower for TWO "chapel babies", born fairly close together. I love the size of the chapel. I think every woman was invited, and most of them came. We've been attending there nearly a year now, and most of the faces are familiar. I can even connect who goes with whom, by family/marriage, but I'm still putting names to lots of the faces.

Just picture the two moms, in matching arm chairs, with pink balloons and a pile of pink "booty" at one end of the room, and blue balloons and a bunch of boy-stuff at the other end. :0) I'd already given a quilt to the mom of the girl, so just wanted to give her a little something to open, and was able to finish a quilt for the mom of the boy just in time.

What with all the dark gray days we've had, it was fun to work with some really bright fabrics. And even more fun to be able to use more of the unusual pieces my neighbor gave me. It's a bright one...



Ignore the date on the photo. Techno-boob, that I am, I had no idea that was on, nor how to turn it off.

3 comments:

The dB family said...

I love it!!! It's so cheery -- and perfect for a wee boy. I think I'm going to have to go digging through my scraps and start quilting!!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Well thank you :0)

I love working with bright colors. And, I have to admit that at this stage of life - with little kids and constant mess - part of the appeal of quilting is doing something that stays done!

leah said...

I love the frogs and lizards! That came out quite well, and little boy things SHOULD be bright!