Friday, March 27, 2009

Just a day in the life...


I love the flexibility that comes with the combination of homeschooling and Kerry being self-employed. He took the boys out this morning for a nearly private showing of Monsters vs. Aliens (!) and a good time was had by all.

Of course, you realize that for the next month I'll be subjected to a steady diet of, "Oh! Mom! Let me tell you about a funny part!", followed by a pronoun-laden stream of consciousness explanation that makes no sense at all to anyone who wasn't there. "And then this guy threw this thing at this other guy who was an alien and then he said blah-blah-blah and then he said blah-blah-blah and then she climbed over....." Uh huh.

But that's fine. I'm used to it. :0)



The catch was, they got to the mall before the movie started and had some time to wander around. I thank the Lord above that the stores weren't open yet, and I submit to you Exhibit A in "Why Men Should Not Shop Unattended", especially for home decor.


Exhibit B would be the following dialog, as reported by the boys.

Husband: "Hey! Why don't we buy that for Mom for an early Mother's Day present?!"

10 y.o. Son: "You'd really waste all that money just to annoy her?"


Thank you, Tate, oh thank you!

4 comments:

The Squirrel said...

Mrs. Squirrel & I kinda like the table. Would be a chore to dust... and wouldn't want to stub your toe on it... and we have a small house... and it's probably out of our price range...

Love Tate's perceptivness (c:

The Squirrel

Herding Grasshoppers said...

To each their own...

The Squirrel said...

lol

Anonymous said...

Can I EVER relate to this. Only my son is into Eragon and everything for the last year and a half has been about dragons of all sorts, their armor (they have armor?) all over and over assuming I recall the last time they told me all about fifteen different breeds of dragons. Then come the test questions...eeek!