Thursday, March 5, 2009

No, really, I'm listening...

I just love those deep, heart-to-heart conversations married couples have. You know, like the other night...

Kerry and I had gone to bed. The wind whistled around the house, and as I snuggled down into the cozy flannel sheets Kerry asked me how was the baby shower, I had just attended. I gave a (brief! honestly!) rundown of who came and the 'agenda', and the two babies.

(Mumbly, snorty noises...) "Mmmph, um... were they all left-handed?"

3 comments:

The dB family said...

Lol! I can so identify!!

I will email (I think I still have it from the time we emailed back and forth about the mug card)you in a day or so and give you the scoop on our hs day as well as on the adoption. I'm thinking its all waaaay too long to put in a comment box :0)!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I'll look forward to it :0)

Ambulance Mommy said...

Oh good, its not just my life with the attempts at communication, and the husband falling asleep in the middle of it :)

Though, I guess, to be fair, when he tries, I tend to interupt him with "honey, we don't throw our noodles, can you help me clean them up? Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere...I'm sorry dear, what were you saying?" HAHA!

i'll let you decide who i'm talking to about the noodles :)