Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What did you say?

Good news today!

Tate's audiogram today shows no change in the last year. A year!

Okay, bad mom; I haven't had his hearing tested since last May. But I can usually tell if there's a change.

He's still functionally deaf in his left ear - but we knew that - while his right ear is 'holding on'. Without the HA he's in the moderate to severe range of loss, but - the big Hallelujah! - with the HA, he's getting really good benefit, and hearing most of the "Speech Banana".

So I am rejoicing today!

Of course, being a 10-year-old boy, I do think there's a bit of selective hearing happening... :0)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! A whole year and "no change" is very, very good!

The dB family said...

Hooray for good reports!! Yes, that selective hearing, I know all about it ;0)!

Doug Hibbard said...

Selective hearing? I think that strikes equally boy and girls, as we have that affliction around our house as well.

Of course, I've noticed it around the church too. Maybe it's in the water...

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Yes, well, I have to confess that my own mother reports that I myself showed signs of that malady...

I'm just ever thankful that Tate still has the hearing he has, that his language skills are so good, and that he is reading wonderfully.

And thank God for technology!

Doug Hibbard said...

Absolutely thankful that he has the hearing he does, and that God has granted us technology to help people in need.

leah said...

Good news on the hearing levels staying stable! I'm sure you'd know pretty quickly if his "good" ear changed, since it's the only ear with usable hearing. Here's to nice and stable hearing for the foreseeable future (I don't think I spelled foreseeable right, but you know what I mean)!

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

That's great news! Henry goes next month for his one year check. Fingers crossed that he does well...