Monday, March 2, 2009

Simple Woman #8



FOR TODAY March 2, 2009

Outside My Window... Thick, dark gray clouds, tree branches tossing in the wind, whitecaps on the lake… and the possibility of the power going out. We live near a lake, surrounded by hills. No matter what direction the wind is blowing on a larger scale, storms seem to swirl around (in this valley) so that the wind blows right up the lake at our house. And isn’t it typical for March to be windy?!

I am thinking... as usual, making mental lists of everything I want to get done today.

I am thankful for...
all the cleaning we got done over the weekend. The laundry is caught up, the bathrooms are presentable, the school room is inviting, and my blue kitchen floor shines... briefly. AND a former client of Kerry's gave us ABSOLUTELY FREE a TRAMPOLINE! The boys are excited about their "tram-POP-o-line" (family joke), but we can't put it up until we finish the back fence. So I'm also thankful for motivation applied to a job I want done :0)

From the learning rooms... Ahhh, the start of a new week. :0) I was up late last night and have not gotten everything ready, like I usually do, but we’ll be starting a unit on Weather (appropriate for March, when there’s such variety), and touching briefly on Indian history (the nation of India, not the Indians of North America) and spending more time on Explorers, which I think will really interest the boys.

From the kitchen... I hear the boys emptying the dishwasher and putting the clean dishes away. Food? Nothing yet, but I’ll be making lavender cookies for the shower tonight.

I am wearing... * ugh! * Gray sweats, blue shirt, big warm purple sweater, and thick fuzzy socks that (oh no!) have a hole in one heel. But I’ll be changing before I leave the house.

I am creating... a quick baby quilt for the shower tonight – which is why I was up so late. TWO moms from church had babies. I’ve gotten to know one of the moms from bookclub, and had already brought her a gift. The other mom I recognize, but am embarrassed to admit that I didn’t even know she was pregnant. (That’s not an insult to her, just that I don’t remember seeing her lately!)

I am going... home all day :0) and the shower this evening.

I am reading... a biography of Queen Isabella of Spain (as in “Ferdinand and Isabella”, who are known for their involvement with Christopher Columbus and the Inquisition).

I am hoping... the power stays on (!) and to prioritize my time well today – lots to do.

I am hearing... hungry boys downstairs, waiting for breakfast… or not waiting.

Around the house... lots of pictures of my favorite people :0)

One of my favorite things... finishing projects!!!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: organizing our lessons/plans for our Weather unit, digging into the explorers, lots of reading, and maybe starting another project (since my sewing stuff is all out already…)
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Until I get a picture of the quilt, enjoy:

1 comment:

leah said...

I'm chuckling at the cartoon!

Bring on the wind- it usually means a change in weather and a change for the warmer is welcome!