Monday, March 16, 2009

Simple Woman # 10



I'm still having trouble with blogger making links consistently. I'll come back and fix it, if I can. But in the meantime, the link to "Simple Woman" is:

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/




FOR TODAY March 16, 2009

Outside My Window... windy… very windy.

I am thinking... about Wyatt and Tate’s new head-gear, and getting them used to it. Ugh.

I am thankful for... Did I mention lately that I love our church? And evening church too. It’s more casual. Last night, no pianist – no problem. Everybody sang a capella, and still sounded pretty good :0) But the sweetest part? Pastor Bert had several verses to use in the study, and called for volunteers to read different sections. Gunnar really wanted to read. And Pastor Bert is fine with it. Better than fine with it, encourages that.

From the learning rooms... weather words and weather charts and weather pictures.

From the kitchen... it’s another crockpot day. Chicken and stuffing :0)

I am wearing... jeans, white turtle-neck, dark blue Henley with sparkly buttons.

I am creating... working (very slowly) on another quilt. (Same as last week.)

I am going... to Moms In Touch (prayer group) this afternoon. Love it.

I am reading... starting “Winter Birds”, by Jamie Langston Turner.

I am hoping... the power stays on… it’s so windy.

I am hearing... boys playing with K’Nex. They are building big vehicles and – what else? – crashing them together to see what goes flying off.

Around the house... toy guns, Calvin and Hobbes books, rocks with fossils, and maps of “Dino-opolis” and “Dinoville”.

One of my favorite things... sweet little boys who say, “Pick me! Pick me!” to read aloud at church.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: looking forward to a PTO day, this coming Friday :0)

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This should've gone with the post below, but I couldn't find it...

2 comments:

DJP said...

I thought it said "Ample Woman."

Herding Grasshoppers said...

LOL.

I don't "get" the Victorian looking logo. But, not being a reflective person by nature, it's a nice mini-discipline for me.

And "Ample Woman" is all too true.