Monday, December 14, 2009

Simple Woman #40





FOR TODAY    December 14, 2009

Outside my window...   winter!

I am thinking...   10 more days until Christmas :0)

I am thankful for...   shopping DONE.

I am praying for...   thankful, gracious hearts in the boys (and us), over the Christmas season, and more work for Kerry... who is about out.

I am wearing...   layers.  Jeans, wool socks, purple sweater.

II am  creating...   a baby gift, picture below.

I am going...   staying HOME.

I am reading...   we finished the Little House books - yea!  We enjoyed them greatly, but I'm looking forward to something new.  I continue to read bits of Elisabeth Elliot's Keep a Quiet Heart.

I am hoping...   to have some friends for dinner this week.

I am hearing...   the washer spinning, the boys puttering.

I am remembering...   fun time yesterday.  We had Christmas with my dad's family, I think around 25 of us (not everyone).  We don't do gifts, we just get together, eat, visit, eat, visit, see who falls asleep, eat, visit.  You know.  It's good.  The kids were able to play outside in the snow a bit :0)

From the learning rooms...   a happy mess.  For some reason I've been doing the gift-wrapping in there.  Probably because my office is taken over by a sewing project.

From the kitchen...   um.... must think of something.  Something warm and comforting :0)

Around the house...   My Organizing Mommy friend would be proud of me.  When it started snowing yesterday there was a chance the family party could get shifted to my house.  I didn't think it would, but just in case... we came home from church and did a quick Family Blitz.  Sweeping, vacuuming, swiping out toilets.  Everybody helped.

And the party stayed at Grampa and Gramma's, (not too much snow to get up and down their driveway), so I get to start the week with a clean house :0)

On my mind...   I am glad to be DOWN their driveway and in my own home.  My parents built a house about seven miles from where we live.  Usually that's a hop, skip and a jump.  But when it snows...

Their driveway gains between 600 - 700 feet in elevation over a mile, (what's that, like a 12% grade?), and it's very wind-y.  Let's just say it was an exciting ride down last night.

Not the kind of excitement I really like.

Pondering these words...
Little bits of heaven, 
floating gently by my window...
from an Amy Grant Christmas CD.

One of my favorite things...   watching the boys reconnect with cousins they don't see very often, seeing relatives that I don't get to see very often, and everyone having a good time.

A few plans for the rest of the week...   making Christmas goodies :0)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... 




7 comments:

Felicity said...

I just LOVE the pic of the house at the top! Just the type of house I'd love - surrounded by snow (we NEVER get snow here..)

leah said...

What a pretty quilt. You have such a talent there!

As for dinner, we're having boring old meatloaf. I hope you have something more exciting! :-)

Patty said...

Oh, the baby gift is beautiful. I would like to see some snow here but maybe not until after Christmas Day. I would hate to miss seeing all my family because we couldn't get there. Have a blessed day.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

The house photo is from last year. The snow we got yesterday was really just a dusting. The forecaster said to expect more today, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Fine with me! I'd rather have it after Christmas too. Last year a lot of things (like Christmas Eve service) were canceled.

And thanks for the compliment on the quilt. I think the bright colors make it look better than it really is!

And Leah, meatloaf sounds good. Maybe I'll make meat balls with sweet and sour... thanks for the idea :0)

leah said...

Oo- meatballs. I had forgotten about that option. Must do that again soon!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I may do them tomorrow... Kerry requested Taco Salad tonight.

I've had a gracious plenty ;-)

The dB family said...

I love your Simple Woman posts. It's such a neat way to get a glimpse of your week. Mine sounds pretty similar this week.

Blessings!
Deborah