Monday, December 28, 2009

Simple Woman #42




FOR TODAY    December 28, 2009

Outside my window...  cold, frosty, sunny and bright.

I am thinking...  there are far too many Christmas cookies left in this house.

I am thankful for...  my family.

I am praying for...  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I am creating...  a clean, bright, clutter-free house.

I am going...  to stay home :0)

I am reading...  Training Hearts, Teaching Minds by Starr Meade... possibly next year's family devotions?

I am hoping...  to get our annual Christmas New Year's letter written.

I am hearing...  quietness.  The boys spent the night at Aunty Tami's :0)

I am remembering...  childhood Christmases.

From the learning rooms...  I'm not yet thinking about "organized" schooling, as we're taking another week off.

From the kitchen...  deep cleaning happening, way into the cupboards and everything.

Around the house...  I love Christmas.  I love the anticipation, the celebration, everything.  But when it's done, I like to move on.  I have a lot of blue/silver/white winter things out now.

On my mind...  Wyatt, who is 13, still has four of his baby teeth, but Tate, who is 11, does not.  Go figure.

Noticing that...  Gunnar is becoming a voracious reader!

Pondering these words...  Flame is clearer seen if its container does not compete.  Luci Shaw

One of my favorite things...  moving furniture.  Making things look fresh.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  assembling Lego kits, reading new books, visiting with friends.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

My cousin's daughter.
All she wants for Christmas is her four front teeth... 

7 comments:

leah said...

I'm with you- when Christmas is over, I clean up the decorations pretty quickly! We still have the tree up, but the ornaments are off and in the basement. I need to put the rest of the stuff away tomorrow- time to get out our regular "winter" stuff!

Colleen said...

Christmas isn't over! It just started. I enjoy embracing the twelve days of Christmas, up through Epiphany (January 6, after which I take the tree down). That way Advent can be Advent and Christmas can be Christmas, I find.

I like that Luci Shaw quote. A few years ago, Hosanna, Danyale, and I went to a women's brunch at St. Paul's Episcopal (where Luci Shaw attends) and she read some of her work. Lovely and contemplative.

Ruby said...

I'm thinking about a clean, bright, clutter free house too. Know where I could get one :-)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Ruby, you crack me up! I bet your house is lovely... it's obviously full of love :0)

I think we maybe obsess a bit more about our houses, in this climate, since we're compelled to be inside a lot more.

Just a thought...

Julie

MamaArcher said...

Thank you for your encouraging words today!

I wanted to let you know that we are using Teaching Hearts Training Minds to open our school days. I really enjoy it! Let me know if you decide to use it to!

Our Christmas season isn't over until Epiphany so none of the decorations come down until then. Even though I took it slower this year I still love having it look alot like Christmas around here!

Many blessings and happy new year!

The Man Crew said...

Julie...first off, thanks for your kind words on my blog ;) Second, I always enjoy reading your blogging thoughts...makes me feel at home. Being a mom of all boys in an exclusive club and not all can join...LOL! That quote by Luci Swindoll really touched me, thanks for sharing it. LOVE the 4 front teeth photo..oh my!! Have a great week!
Blessings,
Kristy

The dB family said...

Wow, that is a toothless grin! So cute! Your post is inspiring me to do some deep cleaning and freshening too! Who knows maybe I'll find my flute yet, but hopefully not in the kitchen cupboards ;o)! First we must go get some groceries and do some other errands. *Sigh!* If only we didn't have to eat :o)!

Enjoy your week and hold on to that promise from the Bible! Love the blues and whites of your blog too!

Blessings!
Deborah

Blessings!