Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Simple Woman explained

I should probably make the link more obvious.

On the Simple Woman posts, if you click on the words Simple Woman you'll be taken to the "mother site", operated by Peggy Hostetler.  She created the Simple Woman's Daybook as a way of reflecting on the simple things of life.  She periodically changes the questions and I tend to pick and choose, and use the ones that interest me.

I don't use her logo/"button" because it looks really Victorian (not my style) and the script writing that says "Simple Woman" seems to look more like "Ample Woman"... which probably is more my style, but who needs to advertise that?!

Anyway, it's something I've enjoyed for the most part, because I don't tend to be a very reflective person.  Of course, it's only as 'deep' as you make it, but it has been a good discipline for me to think about some of these things.

Other folks, like my friend Denise, have adapted the format and/or post on a different day.  I don't think any Simple Woman Enforcers are going to come knocking on the door :0)  It's just for fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know... I got a knock on my door the other day and there stood a lady decked out in turn of the (last) century "Williamsburg" style. She bopped me with a rolling pin and left. I got the message.

All kidding aside, I'm like you... I don't think some "tweaking" or posting on days other than Monday matter, and it IS fun to have some organized questions to direct our weekly reflection!

Abi's Blog said...

I'm not up on all the computer lingo but I am definitely laughing outloud at your post - I love to laugh with you. Have a wonderful Sunday! God bless!