Monday, January 18, 2010

Simple Woman #45




FOR TODAY    January 18, 2010

Outside my window...  cloudy, really windy, fir cones and little branches on the ground around the house

I am thinking...   we have an awesome church family.  We can't be the only people who are having a tough time finding work - I'm sure there are others.  And they are keeping watch over us.  Just yesterday one of the elders checked in with me (Kerry being away for the weekend), another mom gave me some homeschool materials that she'd ordered online and weren't what she thought... brand new, and another asked me if the boys needed winter coats.  I'm telling you, God has Good People.

I am thankful for...  see above :0)  And - Gunnar and I have been having a fun weekend, just the two of us.  Kerry and the older boys are off snow-shoeing and Gunnar and I are having a "staycation".  We've found fun things to do each day - visiting friends, choosing a special movie each night, and playing lots and lots of games.  He's easily pleased :0)

I am praying for...  friends who are adopting, health (getting over this cold), and - again - work.

I am creating...  ummmmm.... trying to create some extra space.  I'm cleaning out - AGAIN.  How does all this stuff accumulate?  I think it breeds when I'm not watching.

I am going...  ugh.  I don't want to go much of anywhere.  (Shall I whine a little more?)


I am reading...   just finished The Sign of the Beaver and starting Johnny Tremaine with the boys.

I am hoping...   Kerry and the boys are having a good time, not getting rained on, and that they remember to bring home everything they went with.

I am hearing...  so quiet around here with just Gunnar and me at home.  Lots of wind, though.

I am remembering...  what was it like with just one kid?  What did I do with all my time?

From the learning rooms...   quiet today, getting ready for the bigger boys to come home later.


From the kitchen...  a roast in the crockpot, with potatoes, carrots and onions.


Around the house...   the calm before the storm.  When they get home they'll be bubbling over to tell me everything and I will have piles of soggy snow gear and dirty laundry to deal with.

On my mind...  so glad we live near family :0)

Noticing that...  the clutter is gaining on me.  AAACCCCKKKKK!


Pondering these words...   our friends, Jesse and Danyale, welcomed a new baby yesterday.  A boy, as yet unnamed.  Gunnar quickly announced, "They should name him David, because he's the son of Jesse."  Quick thinking, but they may have other ideas ;0)


One of my favorite things...  Gunnar is a born encourager.  I can be kneeling in the laundry room in my old ratty sweats, scraping lint out of the dryer and he'll come up and hug me and say, "You're the best mom in the whole world!"


A few plans for the rest of the week...  re-acclimating Wyatt and Tate to Real Life, which includes school work and chores, (I expect they'll be bouncing off the walls when they get back), starting our study of the War of Independence, and getting the boys to work harder on their handwriting.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

 The boys with a bit of Christmas "booty"


6 comments:

Cutzi said...

I just love you. We are kindreds for sure - all cozied up in our respective homes. A roast in the crockpot sounds so good - maybe Wednesday since Justin is working today and Adia has requested McDonald's for her birthday dinner. ;-)

Felicity said...

I always wonder what I did with my time when I only had one child? I must have wasted so much... Then again - I kinda worry what I'll do when I don't have 6 around me all day! ;-)

The dB family said...

Hmm, one child. I have no clue what that is like anymore. Praying you week goes well with the return of the hunters and the joy that ensues.

Blessings!
Deborah

Jocelyn said...

Such a cute picture. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

We are having a tough time finding work too. Church families are such a blessing. I'm glad you have a good one.
Will pray for work and continued provision for you and your family of grasshoppers.

The Hibbard Family said...

I just love reading your posts! Gunnar makes me laugh every time you post something he's said. Such fun!

Oh, and we recently finished Sign of the Beaver and are now reading Johnny Tremain as well.