Monday, January 25, 2010

Simple Woman #46


For Today,  January 25, 2010

Outside My Window...  it has been cold this weekend.  The snow level has dropped on the hills around the lake.  We've  had such a warm January that some trees are trying to begin to bloom... too early.

I am thinking...  I know, I know... wiser minds say that there's always enough time in the day for what God has planned for me to do.  But it doesn't seem like it. 

I am thankful for...  Hot chocolate, smiling boys, and the fresh start that Monday always is.

I am praying for...  work, Haiti, wisdom, self-discipline, and friendships.

I am wearing...  oh have mercy.  Jeans.  Sweater.  Warm socks.  Boring.

I am creating...  trying to create a better plan for the boys and chores.  There are times I wish we lived on a farm, where there was more meaningful work for the boys.  (Those of you who actually live on farms, feel free to laugh at me.  Because I'm handily neglecting the fact that it would be more work for ME TOO.)

I am going...  Moms In Touch, the grocery store, AWANA, the usual.

I am reading...  between books for me.  Reading about the Revolutionary War with the boys.

I am hoping...  to see the boys develop more self-motivation in their school work.

I am hearing...  too quiet.  Oh dear.  When they're quiet I wonder what they're up to.

I am remembering...  I actually have a chore plan for the boys.  I just need to find it.  And implement it.

From the learning rooms...  Fractions, ratios, word roots, Boston Tea Party, Bunker Hill, spruce tree seeds, properties of a sphere, water-resistant and wetting agents, diagramming sentences (ugh!), and effervescence.

From the kitchen...   Leftovers.  I cooked a turkey on Friday :0)

Around the house...  books, books, books.  I love it that the boys love to read, but can't they put their books away?

On my mind...  whoever invented those flashlights with a crank, so they don't require batteries... thank you. 

Noticing that...  the boys surprise me.  They are willing to let go of things I wondered if they might cling to, but then continue to play with things I would have thought they'd be tired of.  Oh well.

One of my favorite things...  a clean desk.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... 

I am ready for the long, dark nights of winter to end.

4 comments:

Felicity said...

I love the picture. I've also thought that life on a farm must give boys more meaningful chores...but as of yet haven't tried it. Hope you have a great week!

The Hibbard Family said...

It's so much fun to be progressing right along with someone else in history. We just finished learning about the Boston Tea Party from about four different perspectives and are now working through the consequences...the girls were very excited last week when I told them you were reading Johnny Tremain.

Debbie said...

Just discovered your blog from the simple woman's daybook. Going to add it to my favorites.
Enjoyed your daybook.

Colleen said...

I was thinking while running this evening that I'm not ready for the long, dark nights to end. I'm still hoping for a real winter!

What is this "Simple Woman" thing? I thought you'd come up with it, but now and then I see comments alluding to a Simple Woman's Daybook...? 'splain, please. : )