Monday, October 11, 2010

Simple Woman 10-11-10



For Today... October 11, 2010

Outside my window...  sunshine breaking through morning mist, leaves turning slowly, and squirrels busily hiding nuts.

I am thinking...  Happy Columbus Day!

I am thankful for...  family, restful Sundays, and turkey dinners.

I am praying for...  three people who are healing, work for Kerry, and wisdom to challenge the boys in good ways.

I am wearing...  well, duh.

I am going...  to do school with the boys, though the public schools are on holiday, so we can have our Friday off.

I am reading...  other Simple Woman daybooks - click the link above.

I am hoping...  for inspiration.

I am hearing...  the stellar jays and the squirrels scolding each other.  It's all about peanuts.

From the learning rooms...  ratios, decimals, multiplying by 3and 6 and 9, experiments with motion, Ned Kelly, and words with geo and terra.

From the kitchen...  something new for dinner, caribou, compliments of Grampa Grasshopper.
It is the leanest, reddest meat I've ever seen.  Not a bit of fat.
Good thing the boys don't believe in Santa, you know...
eating a reindeer might not go over well, yah?

Around the house...  breaking out all the fall decorations :D
I like to put out a lot of photos of family and friends as we get near Thanksgiving.
Because...

Pondering these words...

When I count my blessings,
they all have a first and last name.

One of my favorite things...  boys that still snuggle with me.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  school, soccer, and Messiah rehearsals.

Here is a picture I am sharing...

 

6 comments:

Cathy M. said...

I love the words you're pondering. I'm noticing that y'all eat a lot more turkey than we do. Of course, you have growing boys... if I cooked one, we'd be gnawing on it for weeks.

Felicity said...

Caribou sounds interesting! Does Grandpa Grasshopper hunt with a gun or a bow and arrows? (Our boys are all into archery...)
Enjoy your Friday off,
Felicity

The dB family said...

Beautiful post! Love the words to ponder! Have a wonderful day!

Blessings!
Deborah

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Cathy - We've had two turkey dinners this week, and I just chopped and froze the leftovers in 4C portions. I use it in recipes that call for chicken. We LOVE turkey pot pie, and I've found a recipe for (turkey) taquitos the boys beg for :D

Felicity - Grampa is a rifle man :D

melanie said...

Who's singing in the Messiah?? =)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Me :D