Monday, October 25, 2010

Simple Woman 10-25-10



For Today, October 25, 2010

Outside my window...  clouds, wind, rain - a typical October day in the PNW.
The recent wind is stripping the trees of their leaves, and somehow they all seem to end up at my backdoor.  I think it's a scientific phenomenon that should be studied.  Perhaps I could get a large research grant... probably not.  *sigh*

I am thinking...  am I pushing Wyatt too hard?  Not challenging him enough?
Arrrgggh.

I am thankful for...  our pastor was back in the pulpit yesterday.
He's been recovering from surgery and we have missed him.

I am praying for...  the rest of our day.

I am wearing...  jeans, green sweater, warm socks, hair in pony-tail.
I know, I know.  The fashion mags are just beating a path to my door...

I am creating...  plans for Tate's and Gramma Grasshopper's birthday party, in a couple weeks.

I am going...  to resist turning the heat up, to make a cup of something warm,
and to get going on our schoolwork.

I am hoping...  to see Wyatt muster up more self-motivation,
to rise to the challenges of his life.

I am hearing...  the boys talking calmly (!!!), Wyatt strumming a guitar,
and wind in the trees outside my window.

I am remembering...  a project I started last summer that is (thankfully!)
being finished by Kerry.  Pics soon, I hope!

From the learning rooms...  Pedro II of Brazil, expanded notation, looking for an empty spool to make a hovercraft for physics, a new list of spelling words, the muslim Turkish massacre of the Armenian Christians, ratios, and pronouns.

From the kitchen...  HA!  I get the night off because I have rehearsal tonight.
Kerry will be cooking.  I suspect Spam will be on the menu.

Around the house...  the boys have Podger in for a few minutes, nothing is cooking for tonight but I have meat thawed for meatballs tomorrow, and we have lots of pretty lights up.  As the days get shorter and darker I love having candles and special lights.
And, yes, I burn my candles :o)

On my mind...  how quickly Christmas is coming, and I don't want to wait until the last minute to get organized.  Especially with gift giving, what with our budget this year...

Noticing that... all my boys are growing, but Wyatt seems to be changing from a boy to a (young) man, right before my eyes.

Look at last Thanksgiving

and recently.


They grow so fast!

Pondering these words...  

When your mind wanders, where does it go?

Our pastor said that, yesterday.
Sounds kind of funny at first, but the intent, from Romans 8:5.
is to have our minds set on what the Spirit desires.

One of my favorite things...  boys praying for good attitudes and to be diligent workers.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  Messiah rehearsal, 
soccer (the last week!), school, and a funeral.
I just found out that my great-aunt died yesterday.
And I'm thinking that she fell into good hands :o)

Here is a picture I am sharing...  

When Barbie goes to the Model Railroad Show...


(And, no, my boys were not responsible!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - Wyatt - growing up - definitely.

Barbie on the train - LOVE that!

Anonymous said...

Duh - and sorry to hear about Great-Aunt on one hand, but so pleased she 'landed safe'. . .

leah said...

Wow- those pictures of Wyatt are only a year apart? That is a lot of growth in a year!

I love the Barbie on the train tracks- I'm sure my mind is slightly twisted, lol!

melanie said...

14 is quite the age, is it not?!

Maybe if I light a candle I'll be motivated to cook supper? (I'll at least have to leave the computer... I've been attempting to Christmas shop, really.)

=)

Wish I could hear your Messiah rehearsal!

Felicity said...

I love the Barbie pic! Is that a Storm-trooper guarding her??
Why kids have to grow so fast is a mystery... I have just thrown out enough old clothes to clothe a whole other family due to the growing that's been happening here. I'm holding out on giving Jordan his first haircut too, because I know that as soon as I do that.... my baby will be a little boy - properly!!
I hope your week unfolds well, and enjoy your rehearsal.
Felicity xx

Ruby said...

Know what you mena about the boys growing so fast!
Sorry to hear of a death in the family.
Your Daybooks are always a lovely mix of your everday life, loves and humour.
Have a good week!

The dB family said...

Wowza! What a change! Wyatt is growing up for sure!

Glad to read your Great Aunt landed safe (I had to read that twice :o)).

Guess what?? I burned a candle the other day too -- and almost forgot about it. See, that's why I rarely burn them. I'm just too absent minded.

I'm going to show Bub Barbie on the train tracks. I know he will appreciate it. Actually, I'm pretty sure his sisters will giggle away about it too.

Oh yes, spool. Wooden or plastic? I have both. Not sure how long it would take to send in the mail though...

Blessings, my friend!
Deborah

Herding Grasshoppers said...

They DO grow fast! At least twice a year we have to try everything on and hand down (the advantage of having three boys), pass it on, or throw it out. Wyatt is outgrowing all his pants lately. (Waiting for a flood?!)

Felicity - oh I hear you about that first haircut. *sigh* Suddenly they seem so BIG!

Julie

Unknown said...

This all moments of a normal life of people... Remarkably...