Thursday, August 21, 2008
Okay, right up front, this is a National Geographic photo of Bora Bora. It has no direct bearing on the subject of this post (rant), but it’s much nicer to look at than piles of clutter, and has a calming, peaceful effect, so there it is. (“Now, just close your eyes, and go to your happy place…”)
I had a delightful little conversation with a certain relative this evening, who shall remain nameless (to protect the both of us) about the crazy people in our lives and their crazy behavior. Hoarding.
So I have five things to throw out there:
1. INTERVENTION! People, this is a disorder we’re talking about!
2. Honestly, do something before you or your loved one ends up like THIS. Because we really can’t throw anything away, can we?
3. Or like this story a friend told me. You know how people who lived through the depression saved everything? Well, my friend was cleaning out a relative’s house and found a box labeled: “Pieces of string too small to use.” Seriously.
4. It can be done. I recently (with help) hauled two full-size pick-up loads out of our garage while Kerry was out of the town, and he hasn’t left me! ;0)
5. It is STUFF. It can’t love you back.