Now that blogger appears to be functioning again, life as we know it may resume. I thought for a moment that I was going to be denied my usual Friday morning pleasure - the eclectic cornucopia of news, trivia, and giggles that is Hither and Thither - but, thankfully, we are back to our regularly scheduled programming.
And, once again, I have some Friday randomness of my own for you, my friends.
1. Blogger may be back, but they seem to have misplaced everything posted since Wednesday morning. For me, that was a sum total of two sentences having something to do with Gunnar's talkativeness. (Oh! It's back!)
Yes, it's a blessing to have kids - boys, no less - who are chatty and communicative (as opposed to communicable). But the content of that communication, on the other hand... Well, let me just tell you, in case you were wondering:
- I don't actually have a favorite Jedi.
- Much less a favorite Sith. (There's more than one?)
- And no, I don't even remember that other thing you asked me about from Episode 2. Or 3.
- Yes, I ordered the books you requested from the library.
- No, they have not come in yet.
- Yes, you can have Grape-Nuts with your yogurt for breakfast.
- No, I have absolutely no idea why they're called Grape-Nuts, being made of neither grapes nor nuts.
- Hmm. If I could be an animal for a day I would be a cougar. Or an eagle. Or an orca whale. Something at the top of the food chain.
- No, thank you, I don't actually want to watch Dudley Do-Right.
- Yes, we are doing school today. (yesterday)
- Yes, we will be doing a science experiment.
- Yes, I do think bunnies are adorable.
- Yes, it would be really fun if all the wild animals were not afraid of us. (Also, if the bigger ones didn't want to eat us.)
- No, the books have probably not come in, in the two minutes since you last asked me.
- Yes, I will let you know.
- Yes, we can probably have a Mommy-date this weekend.
- Yes, you can get a Blizzard with cookie dough. And brownies.
- And yes, I am eternally and whole-heartedly with you in your hope that in heaven broccoli will taste as good as chocolate.
- And would you please, fortheloveofmike, finish your breakfast.
2. I think it is wrong, just wrong I tell you, that it is mid-May and I am still forced to wear sweaters and wool socks in order to avoid hypothermia. Thank you very much, algore, for this wonderful global warming you've invented.
3. Yes, I know the calendar says spring. And further, I know it's spring because all the signs are there. Like the delightful little present I found on the kitchen counter - a lizard skin Tate left, very thoughtfully, in a ziplock bag.
4. You may have noticed the absence of Royal Wedding hoopla around here. There's a very simple explanation for that. I'm not interested. I have to confess, though, that I could not resist this photo.
Does anyone else see this and think
OH MY GOSH THERE IS A GIANT BIRD ON YOUR HEAD AND I THINK IT'S CHOKING!
5. In spite of my general indifference to the royals, I have always kind of liked Queen Elizabeth, funny little hats and all. Especially since a speech she gave back in November of 1992 following a string of dismal events which included the failing marriages of three of her four children, the release of Diana's tell-all book, and culminated in the fire at Windsor Castle. But did QE whine and complain? No. She merely sniffed,
1992 is not a year I shall look back upon with undiluted pleasure.
6. Have you ever wondered what happens when OCD gets Alzheimer's? No? Well, I'll tell you.
I was in a church kitchen recently (not ours), looking at all the meticulously labeled cupboards. Plates, platters, coffee cups, dish towels, pitchers, and soup containers. Huh?
Most of us just call them bowls.
7. The boys are having a PTO day and I've
Hope your Friday is fabulous.