Saturday, May 28, 2011

Quilts AND Sports

Not a combination that usually comes to mind, is it?  (Unless you've spent hours, freezing on the sidelines, but I digress...)

Gorgeous?  I think so.  I'm mentally cutting these five pieces, laying them on their sides, and joining them into one long strip.  It works.  Do you see it?


But what does this have to do with sports?

These are the colors of the 2014 Sochi Olympics.  Believe it.


Photos by Roustem Adagamov.  See more here, and you'll want your google translate on.

3 comments:

amber waves of grain said...

I think that would make a beautiful quilt! I love how the colors/patterns coordinate.

The Hibbard Family said...

It does work! You amaze me - I would never have an eye for such a combination, but it really does work!

leah said...

Very cool! It would be beautiful - I can't believe we're already thinking about the 2014 Olympics... I guess 2012 is just around the corner!