Thursday, November 17, 2011

Customs and Courtesies

Ah, here's the photo I wanted, with their caps on :D

And, yes, (to answer Doug), the cadets who were 'grogged' did the whole drill.  March to the grog, squaring all corners, salute the grog, pour the grog, about face, toast the mess, drink the grog in one go (cup not leaving lips), hold empty cup upside down over the head, about face, replace the cup, salute the grog again, and return to their seats.  Without speaking (except to toast the mess).

And if they omitted anything, someone was sure to notice and send them right back up again.  One boy went three times!  Others had to do various things, such as sing silly songs.  The Color Guard had to sing I'm A Little Teapot, complete with motions.  But all in good fun :D



Again, I'm sorry they look like they're swimming in green, radioactive waste.  I'm not much into editing, and the little I tried... well... I just tried to give the boys something approaching a normal skin tone, and even that proved too much.

It was a fun, fun evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, to see my sons wearing plastic name
pins that don't involve food service!
Mister Grasshopper

Ruby said...

the description of their ceremony means absolutely nothing to me, but I trust you it was good fun. Your boys look spiffy anyhow and Mister Grasshopper is obviously very proud!

leah said...

Shooting indoors in florescent light is really tough! I usually just turn those photos black-and-white so I don't have to worry about the color scale, lol! But it turned out great, and they are handsome guys (despite the toilet punch-bowl in the background, hahahaha)!

The dB family said...

Fun stuff!! Boy, do they look handsome! As for the editing, no worries, I still have issues some days too -- and I'm supposed to know what I'm doing!

Blessings!
Deborah