Sunday, April 26, 2009

Back from the conference...

Kerry and I went to a homeschool conference Friday/Saturday, and just got back last night.

Wow.

Like drinkin' from a fire hydrant.

It's going to take some time to process it all, so I'll try to share bits and pieces later. We went to all the sessions with Voddie Baucham, really enjoyed '"the guy" (name? it'll come...) from Answers In Genesis, as well as sessions on Worldview, Family and Church, legal issues relating to homeschooling, "and much, much more!"

The 'bummer' was that having not felt well for a couple of weeks I began to wonder if my "cold" was really allergies, and tried some allergy meds. That was a mistake. I almost passed out. Twice. Which impacted our plans to "divide and conquer" and thereby get to more sessions.

I've been sleeping a lot today, and feeling much better. :0)

The boys were with Grandpa and Grandma and had a glorious time. Grandma fulfilled their wishes by doling out chocolate and renting "Bolt", Grandpa helped let them build a (non-motorized) 'steer-able' go-cart, and they all went to an airshow. Grandma even washed all their dirty clothes, got them home in time to have a shower, and got Wyatt to do his piano practicing before we got home.

My parents rock!

So, possibly after another nap, I'll bring you updates from the conference.

2 comments:

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Ken Ham is the only 'Answers in Genesis' guy that comes to my mind. Is that the name you're looking for?

Herding Grasshoppers said...

It was one of his associates - Mike Riddle (or Riddel?)

Same material and similar presentation style :0)

Julie