Monday, April 20, 2009

Simple Woman #15






FOR TODAY April 20, 2009

Outside My Window... sunny and warm... well, in the 60's. Laundry on the line makes me happy :0) The boys are outside on a little "recess" catching bugs for the lizard.

I am thinking... I would really like this cold to go away. My sinuses are disgusting. 'Nuff said.

I am thankful for... the warm sunny day, trees about to pop open their new leaves, and the few things in my flower beds that the (blankety-blank) deer have left alone.

From the learning rooms... a brief moment of quiet until I call the boys in for history. We're still reading about the Reformation, and now the Counter-Reformation...

From the kitchen... nothing yet, but I'm thinking BBQ pork for dinner.

I am wearing... turquoise capri pants... oh glorious sunny day!... and a purple sweatshirt (because it's not that warm yet!)

I am creating... nothing new just now.

I am going... to stay home today, busy week ahead.

I am reading... books about weather :0)

I am hoping... the boys can flow with the disruptions in our schedule this week.

I am hearing... happy boy-sounds outside, birds singing, and a big fat honey-bee tapping on my window.

Around the house... untamed clutter. *sigh*

One of my favorite things... blue sky.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: kinda crazy this week... the boys are doing swim lessons on Tuesday and Thursday morning, which will really affect our homeschool day as they focus best in the morning. We have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow morning before swim lessons, also. Then Kerry and I are going to a homeschool conference this weekend and my folks are watching the kids :0)

A picture thought I am sharing:


Baby Sea Stars

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

I have the same thought about the deer and my garden. Big gophers we call them. Everyone thinks they are so cute until they have to live with them! Enjoyed your entry!

Denise Portis said...

Ok... remember that I'm from the northern EAST coast, and I haven't a clue as to what I'm lookin' at in your picture. 'Splain please?

Deer - sigh. You wouldn't believe the problem we have with them in the DC area! They breed very patriotically. Or... yeah, whatever.

They don't eat daffodils. I'm so glad... they must leave tulips alone too for a see a lot in my neighbor's yards.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

No kidding! They are neat to see, but they eat everything.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Ahhh, sorry Denise. Baby starfish from a tide-pool.

And the deer here sure eat tulips. I planted two dozen of my favorites - the red/yellow mix - in pots on my porch and they walked right up and ate them in the night - leaves and buds.

Long-legged rodents!

Julie

The Squirrel said...

Rodents? Rodents don't eat tulips!

Harrumph!

~Squirrel

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh they don't??? They dig up the bulbs, though :0)

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Mr. Squirrel may not eat the flowers, but he doesn't tend them, either...

I've noticed that the deer in our neighborhood don't much like the taste of our iris. The one flower that I seem to be able to enjoy through blooming.

The roses, however, were down to stubs overnight and I never planted any more.
;)

Mrs. Squirrel said...

P.S. I love the picture of the baby starfish! I've never seen 'baby pictures' before. They are remarkable little creatures!