Tuesday, March 30, 2010

More Comment Weirdness...

What is it with Blogger and Comments lately?

I use comment moderation.  Maybe I don't really need it, but I like it.  And that way I'm sure to notice when I get a comment. 

Earlier this month I had a "ghost comment".  My dashboard would say I had a comment waiting for moderation, but then nothing was there.  Well that was messing with my mind!

Eventually it disappeared.  Hallelujah.

But now I have the opposite.  My dashboard will say "3 Comments" but, there will be four!  And the last one refuses to publish.  I've tried.  And tried.

Then it hit me.  It isn't a new comment.  It's from last October.  And it published, then.  But it's popping it's head up, trying to get published again.

Go figure.

6 comments:

Felicity said...

I've also had some funny things happening. I publish comments and they disappear - only to reappear later... (I also use comment moderation so that I KNOW when I get one..)
Lately, I've found that certain blogs (with blogger!) won't allow me to comment - keeps asking me to select my profile and when I click on profile there's nothing there!
Can't figure it out!

The dB family said...

I think blogger has a few odd issues lately. I have it that when I go to hit enter (and it doesn't matter which computer I use) it looks like nothing happens. It turns out it's entering from the bottom, so in order to remedy it, you have to hit enter first and then the down arrow key to move your cursor to start a new paragraph. Fortunately, I figured it out fairly quickly. As for the change colour issues, those they resolved, I think.

I almost thought I received a ghost comment last night too and immediately thought of you. Turns out it was just a time discrepancy. A time discrepancy of October to almost April is a little ridiculous though :o)! I hope blogger resolves it all soon!

Blessings!
Deborah

leah said...

Software run amok! I haven't had too many problems with blogger, thank goodness, but the comment thing is kind of funny.

Jena Webber said...

I'll put a comment down just to say HI. I don't have comment moderation. If something weird comes along, I just delete it. After all, it could hardly be weirder than what I write, or what you write for that matter.

It's supposed to be 86 tomorrow--woo hoo!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

I think the comment moderation is a must. This is because I got 26 lewd comments in one night after getting in the national spotlight over Eggo Waffles. That was weird!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh wow! I don't have a very broad readership, but I have a gotten a few weird ones...