Monday, March 1, 2010

Simple Woman #50





FOR TODAY     March 1, 2010

Outside my window... gray skies, but no rain (yet) today.  Boys on the trampoline :D

I am thinking... about friendships.

I am thankful for...  having my family nearby.

I am praying for...  friends in Georgia, work for Kerry.

I am wearing... blue jeans (the nice ones), blue sweater, thick socks, keeping warm.

I am going...  to balance my checkbook.  This.  Week.  Really.

i am reading... Stowaway, with the boys.

I am hoping... Kerry gets the boys to bed at a good time tonight.  Because being the responsible mom that I always am, I let them stay up until 11pm last night watching the Olympic recap and closing ceremony at Grampa and Gramma Grasshopper's.

I am hearing...Wyatt practicing for his piano lesson tomorrow and Gunnar in the bathroom.

I am remembering... taking piano lessons myself.

From the kitchen...  Kerry is "on" for dinner tonight as I will be out.

Around the house... still putting Valentine things away.  I'm very unmotivated right now.  At least it's clean, thanks to last Thursday's Blitz.

On my mind...  the box of papers-to-be-sorted on my table.  *sigh*

Noticing that... OH!  I never revealed who is almost done with the LOTR books.  Next post...

Pondering these words...

The only correct self-image comes from viewing God, not ourselves, and it isn't flattering - but it changes lives and turns us from self to Him.
           - The Seduction of Christianity

One of my favorite things... chocolate and peanut butter.  Okay, I can count.  But together they form something greater than the parts.  Yes?

A few plans for the rest of the week... rehearsal tonight, piano lesson tomorrow, AWANA Wednesday, and a field trip Friday to the Coast Guard station - the boys should love that!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

 
No!  I didn't take it!
It's off the coast of Belize, and I found it on NG's website ages ago.

3 comments:

Tina Marie said...

We are definitely feeling the prayers! If nothing else, they are helping us remember to breathe.

leah said...

I think I really want to go to Belize now. Any place that isn't covered in a thick coat of white, frozen water sounds WONDERFUL! :-)

I am interested to see which kiddo gets to watch the LOTR marathon. I have a feeling it might not necessarily be the oldest boy!

Felicity said...

Mmmm, I love the photo! I wouldn't mind living somewhere that looks like that!