Monday, March 22, 2010

Simple Woman #53




For Today... March 22, 2010

Outside my window...  sunshine, big gray clouds, and boys running laps.

I am thinking...   I had a fun weekend with some women from my church, but I am TIRED!

I am praying for...  friends in Zambia, hoping to finally finalize the adoption of their daughter in the next day or so.

I am going...  hoping to go to rehearsal tonight.  Skipped last week, not feeling well, and still coughing a lot.

I am reading...  through the piles of "to-do's" on my desk.  Ugh!

I am hoping...  to be able to sing tonight, without coughing, and to cross a few more items off the Mother Load list today.

I am hearing...  a few birds, boys, and some blissful silence.

I am remembering...  umm, there must be something there.  No, nothing really.

From the learning rooms...  we've checked off grammar, spelling, our missionary story, other language work, and math.  Yet to come - revolution in Haiti, folk tales of Haiti, and a science experiment to do with charcoal briquets and Mrs. Smith's bluing.

From the kitchen...  have not even though about dinner yet.

Around the house...  well, I was gone for the weekend, and it's not total chaos.   But there's some cleaning and tidying to be done...

On my mind...  molasses.  No, I'm not thinking about molasses, it feels like my mind is molasses today.  Just not quite with it.

Noticing that...  43 is not the new 25.  Rats.

Pondering these words...  Young at heart.  Slightly older in other places.

One of my favorite things...  my own bed.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  oh don't get me started.  But there are six soccer practices involved.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

5 comments:

leah said...

Have fun with all that soccer (g)! Also, have fun making crystals for science... I love that kind of stuff (seriously, there is something wrong with me).

Oh, to be 25 again....well, at least we are wiser!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Yes! That is the compensation for aging :D

Jena Webber said...

Oh, you are doing pretty well after a big weekend.. This is why I "farm out" my schooling. After a big weekend, I'd be studying my eyelids all day or cleaning. Good for you that you are so faithful in schooling even when you are tired! Hope you got a nap.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Well, actually, it's just easier to go on auto-pilot I think.

The dB family said...

Bluing, as in hair bluing or am I missing something here? Does that stuff even still exist? I hope you're going to post the science experiment. It sounds interesting.

As for the aging stuff, it just stinks :o). Hopefully we don't resort to using bluing :oD.

Blessings!
Deborah