Thursday, March 18, 2010

Finally...

Sometimes things sound much worse than they actually are.  For instance,

Nearly all of Gunnar's teeth have been knocked out by his brothers.

If you're picturing a sad, battered, toothless child you can stand down.  In reality, Gunnar still has most of his teeth, but nearly all the ones that have come out, have needed help.  You see, Gunnar just can't bring himself to actually pull out his teeth.  He lets them wiggle until the new teeth have come in behind them, pushing them out of the way, and the old teeth are dangling so precariously I think I've seen them waving in a gentle breeze.

Of course, the last one he swallowed.  But most of the time, he comes to me with a hand behind his back, a mischievous look on his face, and a story like this one:

Mom, I have some good news and some bad news.  The bad news is, the boys are wrestlin' on the trampoline.  The good news is... (a triumphant smile) Wyatt knocked out my tooth!

It's times like these I just shake my head.

Well, maybe this "brotherly love" is saving me dental bills :D


2 comments:

leah said...

Haha! The "dog-pile" method of tooth extraction- I love it!

The dB family said...

Ha ha! I'll tell the Engineer we need to get a trampoline. (I've tried it before and he brought home a two page list on the dangers of trampolines :oS). At least I can tell him that they're a positive for something. Squirt's other tooth looks no looser than yesterday. We have a teeth theme going on this week don't we :o).

Blessings!
Deborah