Monday, October 10, 2011

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days

For today, October 10, 2011

Outside my window...  the familiar sights of home :D

I am thinking...  about how nice it was on vacation, walking away from all the normal stresses of life, and how to pick up all our responsibilities again without the stress and anxiety.  And yes, I'm sure there's something very Bible-y there for me to learn.  Or re-learn.  *sigh*

I am thankful for...  our nearly 10-year-old mini-van (I know, we're awesome) carried us through eleven states with not even a hiccup, we had a completely amazing trip (more about that later), and we are happy, happy, happy to be HOME!

I am praying for...  work for Kerry, peace for Wyatt (may share more about this with his permission), and a smooth transition back into our school routine (nervous laugh... heh heh heh.)

I am wearing...  hmmm, that would be jeans and a sweater.

I am creating...  an orderly home, I hope.  Still processing Mt. Laundry, looking at our school schedule for the week, and getting stuff unpacked and put away.

I am going...  to Messiah rehearsal tonight :D

I am hearing...  the washer and dryer :D  So nice to do laundry without plugging the machines with quarters!

I am remembering...  all the amazing experiences of the last three weeks!  Watching the boys see and experience things for the first time.  Meeting bloggy friends (referred to by Tate as my "computer generated friends") in person!!!  More about them later too :D

From the learning rooms...  gotta get my head back in the game!  Glad I planned out our schedule in advance, but even so I'm pushing some things back another day.  Usually Friday is our slack day, but I think we need to ramp back up to our full schedule more slowly, so we'll take it easy today.  Love having that flexibility.

From the kitchen...  I think I'll make some soup for dinner, since I'll be leaving early for rehearsal.  Time to break out the crock pot again :D

Around the house...  we left from summer and came home to fall, my favorite time of year!  Having a lighter school day today should give me time to do some cleaning and break out the fall decorations.  I have been 'jonesing' for a pumpkin spice candle ;D

On my mind...  faith, trust, and peace; much needed in this house.

Noticing that...  hunting season is upon us and Tate is EX-CI-TED!

Pondering these words...  

First Lesson
Lie back, daughter, let your head be tipped back in the cup of my hand.  
Gently, and I will hold you.
Spread your arms wide, lie out on the stream and look high at the gulls.
A dead-man's float is face down.
You will dive and swim soon enough where this tidewater ebbs to the sea.
Daughter, believe me, when you tire on the long thrash to your island,
Lie up, and survive.
As you float now, where I held you and let go, 
Remember when fear cramps your heart what I told you:
Lie gently and wide to the light-year stars,
Lie back and the sea will hold you.
                  - Philip Booth

One of my favorite things...  family :D

A few plans for the rest of the week...  rehearsal, a dentist appointment for one of the kids, a doctor's appointment for one of the kids, CAP for Wyatt and Tate, a grocery store run, and a much needed Cleaning of the Mini-van (really dirty and ew... kinda stinky, too.  TMI?  Real life.)

Here is a picture I am sharing...  

Grandpa and Grandma Grasshopper, who are both cancer survivors, after the Relay for Life this summer.  And who oh-so-generously helped make our Big Adventure possible.

Three cheers for Grandpa and Grandma!

3 comments:

DJP said...

I am going... to Messiah rehearsal tonight :D

Must... fight... envy... must... fight....

Felicity said...

No matter how much I enjoy a holiday/trip I LOVE coming home. And things like coin-operated washing machines just make me appreciate my home so much more!
Yay for wonderful grandparents!

leah said...

The Messiah! When the boys get a little older, I am going to take them to a Messiah performance. Dennis and I went to one years ago, and I absolutely loved it. Oddly, I think Nolan would sit through the entire thing, but Matt would be a challenge (to say he has energy is an understatement).

Way to go to Grandparents Grasshopper - survivors who make a difference!