Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Morning Thoughts

The boys are allowed to come into our bedroom in the morning for a snuggle, if they want. It's kind of a little boy thing, although Wyatt will occasionally come sit on the foot of the bed if he wants to talk about something.

Gunnar comes almost every morning. He wiggles down under the covers and is like a little furnace. He'll lay (lie?) there quietly for a few moments, and then he'll say something. The first thing out of his mouth in the morning could be anything. I love this about little boys.



These are actual "first words" of the morning:

Mom, want to hear three amazing things about the octopus?

Mom, where do potatoes grow?

Mom, mornings are the bestest times!
(Me, feeling all warm and cozy, thinking this boy is referring to the snuggle time, but no... he continues...) Because I get to have Grape-Nuts, milk, and brown sugar! I love Grape-Nuts, milk, and brown sugar!

Mom! Veggie Tales are all food! Talkin' food! (Yes, well, hence the name.)

Mom, do you know how flies taste? (Fear and disgust fill my mind.) With their feet!

7 comments:

Cutzi said...

The same exact thing happens at our house in the morning. I love it. And I'm missing it right now since my boys have swine flu. :-( Boo hoo.

Choate Family said...

Ah, boys. What a great gift they are!

leah said...

I love it! Boys are so.... random.

Matt's first sentence this morning was, "The sun is made of fire, even on the INSIDE! Its very hot!"

The thoughts that pop into their heads just cracks me up!

Jena Webber said...

Oh hilarious. I'm so glad you are writing these down. Some day they won't want to do that anymore. And the good thing is that you'll get to sleep in the morning.

Abi's Blog said...

I LOVE this - Blessings to you and your sweet boys - Brings back memories of when one of my twins said - Mama, what's that noise... It's just the wind, Michael. God makes the wind.
He replied, "I think God might have turned on the wrong wind!"

Rachael Starke said...

I am in danger of having a serious Mom-crush on behalf of my daughters on Gunnar. I'm letting my husband that he's making the short list of applicants for suitable prom dates (the non-dancing kind of course) in 2020. :)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I'm flattered :)