Monday, October 12, 2009

Simple Woman #31






FOR TODAY
October 12, 2009

Outside my window... rain is forecast, but I have a perfect fall day out my window :0) Frost this morning, trees scattered across the "ROY" end of the ROY G BIV spectrum, (see my red dogwood in the photo above), and - once again - laundry on the line. Though the temps were below freezing this morning (maybe it will freeze-dry?) I have faith that the clothes will eventually dry. :0) Every time I hang a load out I find myself wondering if it's the last load to go on the line for this year. I love the way my clothes and sheets bring in the fresh, outdoor smell.

I am thinking... that I'd love to just cancel school and play today, but after taking two days off last week I'd probably better not.

I am thankful for... a good time yesterday with friends. We invited another family over for lunch, kind of last-minute. Their kids are all younger than ours, but that was just fine. Gunnar, especially, loves little kids. All the kids (except their baby - so cute!) played outside quite a bit. We live on a corner and although there's not much traffic I reminded my boys to keep an eye on the littler ones and keep them out of the street. "Don't worry, Mom," Gunnar assured me, "I adore Steele and Adia!" And Xochi, too.

I am praying for... a time warp, so I can get everything done. *sigh*

From the learning rooms... look at the post below and you can see the school room... before we started school for the day!

From the kitchen... beef stroganoff in the crock-pot. My mouth will be watering all. day. long.

I am wearing... jeans, layers, thick socks. Loving fall :0)

I am going... staying home today, except to run Tate down the hill to soccer and back. Wyatt to a check-up tomorrow. And the library. I really need to get to the library.

I am reading... Little House in the Big Woods with the boys, Keep A Quiet Heart for myself.

I am hoping... the rain holds off until the end of soccer season. Ha ha ha ha ha.

I am hearing... the boys playing pirates again. I don't know how he does it, but I've gotta tell you, Gunnar does this voice that sounds just like Bobcat Goldthwaite did in the movie Scrooged.
I don't know where he came up with it, but it's his pirate voice.

Around the house... fall decoration (pics a few posts down), boys and legos, candles, pumpkins (thanks Gramma and Grampa!), and laundry comin' out my ears. Kerry "let" the boys help him with a project yesterday that involved fiberglass. That resulted in boys coming into the house repeatedly saying, "I'm itchy!", throwing all their clothes into the wash and taking a shower. Multiple times. You'd think somebody would learn...

On my mind... Christmas. Well, presents, specifically. And how to manage that this year.

Noticing that... the quiet(er) noises of boys playing happily are escalating, so it's time to wrap this up.

Pondering these words... Be joyful, though you have considered all the facts. Wendell Berry

One of my favorite things... fall, fall, fall!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...




From the hike :0)

5 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Enjoyed your daybook. I too am thinking about Christmas and am more than a little dismayed at the thought that I have only 60 some days left in which to do it.

The Man Crew said...

My,. what a delightful daybook! Thanks so much for sharing it...I truly enjoyed it. Your boys and the laundry situation sounds so much like my house...LOL! Herding grasshoppers, eh?? I say it's like trying to herd cats...but I suppose it's the same difference, right?? Have a great week and get those hoppers herded! I really liked the part of your profile that talks about more odd moments than awed...that cracked me up! Again, thanks for sharing and enjoy your week!
Blessings,
Kristy

Jena Webber said...

Love the peek into your world.

The Hibbard Family said...

I love your daybook! I wanted to skip school yesterday, too...and today. But, we must move on, and I know we'll have fun.

I remember a winter as a child of not having room to hang clothes inside (our family of seven lived in three seminary dorm rooms at the time - long story!), so I had to hang them out in the freezing weather. Sometimes my hands were too cold to tell if they were really dry or not!

leah said...

Too funny about the fiberglass- at least the boys were VERY clean by the end of the day! LOL!

Here's to a nice, quiet, productive week!