Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Re-Weirds of Parenting #5

Tate asked me to put this on the blog.

It's the boy and his sandwich.


First of all, let me note that there were other things on his plate. Healthful things like carrots and apple slices, that he had already eaten. Just so you know. (Because I need for you to know that.)

And then there's his sandwich. He prefers creamy peanut butter and honey, open-face.

Which he accessorizes. With goldfish crackers, when we have them.


Then he carefully eats the crust off, all the way around.

And the bumpy part, in the middle? Saving the best for last. He scrapes a mound of pb&h into the middle and stands a few fish in it for good measure.

I did not teach him this.



In other news...

Gunnar has discovered product. He got rained on at soccer practice, and had no time for a shower before AWANA. Not a problem.

"Mom, I want my hair to look like I was electrocuted!"

Except he says it, "electric-shooted," which always cracks me up, so I don't correct him. I think he got it from Tate, so it may be a HoH thing.

"So, you got any sticky stuff for my hair?"


And just for the record, it was not Crazy Hair Night, because we already had that. It was Yellow Night. But my boy is confident and secure in his appearance, and off he went.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi -
I really liked your blog.
Please stop by our homeschool blog sometime.

- Michelle (a homeschool mom of 6 )

Ruby said...

These guys are so .....
Normal!!!! Boys love to craft their own sandwiches. Some of their topping combinations are questionable and visually not so appealing as this one!
And yes. I'd say "electric shock
was achieved! Cool look!

leah said...

Oh, goodness. Peanut butter and goldfish crackers- that's a new one! On the other hand, they do sell those cheez-it crackers with peanut butter in the middle, so perhaps it isn't so strange after all...

LOVE the hair- gotta love the extra hold gel, lol!

Rachael Starke said...

Okay. I just have to say that the reason I don't "mommyblog" is because I have so many other friends who do it so much better.

Like you.

I refuse to show my girls this post because 1. they will all want to make this sandwich, and I have a mildly pathological fear of simply carbohydrates, due to my husband being diabetic, and I thus kinda keep an eye on those things for my girls only.

And 2. because my girls would absolutely, totally fall in love with Gunnar and his crazy hair and outrageously blue eyes.

That would Not. Do. :)

But I was thinking of you on Thursday as my oldest and I raced out for yet another dinner-time soccer practice and I prayed she wouldn't throw up because she'd eaten too fast before practice. Aaarrgh. Fourweeksleftfourweeksleftfourweeksleft... :)

The dB family said...

I LOVE Gunnar's hair!

The sandwich on the other hand, I will not judge because I have not tried it :o). I do love goldfish crackers, and peanut butter, and I have a strong suspicion they are tasty together -- I'm just not so sure about the bread with it...

Abi's Blog said...

I LOVE the sandwich AND the hair!