Thursday, October 15, 2009

Out My Window

It's cloudy today and these would be more beautiful in the sunlight, but by the time the sun shines again the leaves may all be gone, so here you go :0)

The dogwood out my office window




The ??? tree behind the house


Do you know what this is? I've been told it's a pecan tree, which wouldn't be native here. It doesn't get any nuts. But I love it, especially in the fall. It makes me think of the Lord of the Rings, when they visit the woodland elves that live in the trees. :0)

2 comments:

Ruby said...

Splendid!

Jena Webber said...

I have a mystery tree in my yard too. Maybe its a pecan tree also. It's fine enough and produces leaves. I love your comments on my blog. They make me crack right up. I'm sure you are meant to move here and not the other way around, though.