Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's About Time


Pay no attention to the yellow date.
(I took this picture this afternoon.)


The boys each received their very own digital cameras,
from a very generous Aunt Tami and Uncle Dave :0)
(And we haven't remembered to turn the date stamp off. Oops.)

I've spent the better part of today "digging out" my office
while the boys tried to kill each other amused themselves downstairs.
While I was in the middle of a frenzy of organizing and filing,
Gunnar appeared in my office with blood on his lip
and the tooth in his hand.

"Mama, Wyatt and I were wrestlin' and I thought I had a bloody nose
and then Tate found my tooth on the floor!"

And there was much rejoicing.

But it gets better...

We were reading today's Psalm and Proverbs after dinner and (no kidding)
came to this, from Psalm 3:

Arise, O Lord!
Deliver me, O my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
break the teeth of the wicked.

It took a little reassuring,
but even Gunnar saw the humor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you follow my family blog? I'll link to it w/ my name. anyway, my 7YO's tooth -- that was taking F O R E V E R finally got out much in the same way as your son's.

HALLELUJAH.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

That's funny, because just a day or so ago I found your family blog, and saw your story.

For a moment there, we lived parallel lives :0)

What a relief to get that tooth out... now we can Move On!

The dB family said...

Lol! So it's finally out! I would think hearty congratulations are in order, so, "Congratulations!"

Tina Marie said...

Okay, so when my kid has a loose tooth, I hit him in the face? Is that how it works? (bad Tina)

And, sense you asked, absolutely no word. The Caseworker hasn't even called. ARG!!!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Well, I'm not saying I would recommend that method - especially not to your case worker!

But there are days that sibling rivalry can actually be a boon :0)