Monday, January 12, 2009

Simple Woman #1

Trying something new... a Monday posting called "The Simple Woman's Daybook"

You can find out more by clicking on the picture below, though I may or may not add my posts to her site.



FOR TODAY... January 12, 2009
Outside My Window... Rain, rain, and more rain
I am thinking... about the boy who wants me to come snuggle him tonight
I am thankful for... my family :0)
From the learning rooms... quietness, waiting for a bustle of activitiy tomorrow morning
From the kitchen... the hum of the dishwasher
I am wearing... comfy (but dumpy!) old sweats and a turtleneck... it's cold and damp here
I am creating... lesson plans for geography
I am going... to bed. Soon.
I am reading... "Family-Integrated Church" by J. Mark Fox (my choice) and "The Picture of Dorian Gray" (for book-club... like the book club, don't like this book!) by Oscar Wilde
I am hoping... for good attitudes tomorrow
I am hearing... rain dripping
Around the house... clean surfaces, with Christmas decorations recently packed away
One of my favorite things... little boys who like to be snuggled
A few plans for the rest of the week... Wyatt is starting piano lessons, friends are moving back to Africa, and we are praying for a friend (child) to come home from the hospital and recover... may God be glorified
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious.

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

Love the rosey cheeks. Love the idea for this post. May steal it from you. :)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

That pic is from our train trip to Seattle last month. We all had a fun-packed looooong day, and Gunnar - the littlest - did great, but was pretty wiped out by the ride home.

I like the idea for this post too - you saw the link, not my original idea :0)

Loudest Mom said...

I haven't checked in in SO long. Did you guys enjoy our winter wonderland??? Hope all is well, and I loved your post today!

Lottie Dah said...

Every now and then you do something stupid and stumble upon a blessing ;) I clicked next blog accidentally while looking at a friends pregnancy blog...and found you...I relate, and often feel like I'm herding cats...I'm in central NC....homeschool a second grader and a preschooler...and have many unfinished projects...I'm also copying the simple woman blog idea, very cool! Blessings!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Loretta,

if you check back...

I tried to check your blog, but it's private.

Nice to meet you :0)

Julie

Lottie Dah said...

www.potluckponderings.blogspot.com
I have a private one just for journaling...and accidentally used that identity ;)