Monday, January 19, 2009

Simple Woman #2


FOR TODAY January 19, 2009

Outside My Window... SUNSHINE! A welcome sight after a long string of dark, rainy, gray days. And we've had a few. Street lights on at 3pm.
I am thinking... about our bunny – he’s missing. More later.
I am thankful for... three healthy active boys, out playing with friends in the sunshine.
From the learning rooms... silence today. We took a holiday, along with public schools (MLK Day) so the boys could play with their friends.
From the kitchen... not much activity today. I’m distracted with finishing a project.
I am wearing... oooo, two weeks in a row… sweats. I may have to pay more attention on Monday. Honestly, I've been trying to 'raise my game' a bit - at least when I'm going to be leaving the house. But forgot about MIT when I chose these clothes... oh well. :0)
I am creating... a baby quilt, for a friend expecting a girl.
I am going... to my Moms In Touch prayer group today. Sweet.
I am reading... quilting pattern books.
I am hoping... Kerry will get paid soon. (Oh the joys of being self-employed.)
I am hearing... Los Angeles Guitar Quartet. Pachelbel's "Loose Cannon" is a favorite around our house.
Around the house... unfinished work. This happens when I get into a project. *sigh*
One of my favorite things... neighbors. The ones my kids play with. They run back and forth, down the alley, to each other’s houses. We share rides to AWANA, obsessions with Legos, and peanut butter sandwiches.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: getting back into the groove of school, with another boy to the orthodontist (!), piano, AWANA, and book-club all on the agenda.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... (which I did not take)

2 comments:

The dB family said...

Lol! Love the photo! It almost sounds like spring your way! At least the boys got a couple of good weeks of toboganning in!

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

That picture is hilarious. Love it!