Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

So, it’s a bit rainy.

Hello, it’s the Pacific Northwest. Rain is a constant.

But today public schools were closed because of rain. Rain!

Well, okay, flooding. Whatever.

We did school anyway. Yeah, I know; I'm so mean and unreasonable! Because, really, they were going to go outside and play?

We’re used to rain. We get rain all the time. Which is why these pictures baffle me.

From the inside of the house, looking out. Notice how much water the glass slider is holding back? He’s setting up a sump pump. To pump the water where, exactly? Or maybe he’s loading the plastic furniture into the Barbie Jeep and trying to escape.











Oh look! The creeks on both side of the street are overflowing, and muddy, ice-cold water is rushing over the roadway! Quick, get little Suzie out of the car so I can get her in the picture!






But this is my favorite. She’s (no kidding) telling the tow-truck driver, “I thought I could make it.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(snort) I love your sense of humor!

leah said...

Agh. OK, I'll take the snow- you can keep your rain! Wow... talk about flooding. It is surprising how people can make the dumbest decisions!

The dB family said...

Lol! Now this I can only imagine!! We see floods, but they're usually only in the fields around us -- and hey if it freezes quick enough we have awesome free skating!

Mel-Beth said...

I LOVE your commentary on the pictures. Sometimes in the heat (or cold, or wet) of the moment it all makes sense. Then when you step back and look....well, not so much sense anymore!