Friday, January 16, 2009

PTO Day Project... Luau Lulu

PTO = Personal Time Off.

When we started homeschooling I begged and pleaded down on my knees calmly asked my parents if they would take the boys for a whole day once in awhile. The boys think that PTO Days are a reward for all their hard work. Yeah.

News flash: PTO Days are for ME. Turns out I actually "need" quiet, uninterrupted time every so often just so I don't completely lose my mind in order to be the calm, efficient, organized person I imagine myself to be :0)

Hurray for Grandpa and Grandma! I'm not sure if they love PTO days quite as much as the boys do, but they're very gracious about it.

And a PTO day for the boys is a Project Day for me!

This is "Luau Lulu". My neighbor recently gave up quilting and gifted me with a box of fabric. The good news is that she knows I like bright colors, and there is a lot of good stuff in there!

The bad news is, she had already cut it, without pre-washing, into ??? shapes. Some squares, some rectangles, and some bizarre remnants - apparently with little regard for the pattern printed on the fabric.

*sigh*

It's been a logistical challenge to use some of the fabrics. But I couldn't resist Luau Lulu :0) And with a friend expecting a girl any day now...

I'm making a very simple baby quilt with the red Luau Lulu and a bright, sunny yellow. Very simple. Six-inch squares, to show off the bathing beauty.

4 comments:

The dB family said...

Sounds like fun. I wonder if I can convince my kids' grandparents that I need regualr PTO days?

I have an award for you on my blog.

Mary said...

That's so cute! Congratulations on the baby! I didn't know.

I am tagging you for a meme. My last post was for the meme, about my wild plum treet.

I'm tagging you. Go to the 6th picture on your computer album and post it and tell a story about it. Then tag 6 more people!. Get some blog fodder going!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Deborah,

Thanks for the award :0)

And good luck with the grandparents... PTO days are a major blessing.

I love my kids. I love having them around. I'm glad we're homeschooling. And I would survive without my PTO days... but it wouldn't be pretty!


Civilla,

A FRIEND is having a baby, not me :0) Though I have my moments of feeling "clucky", it doesn't look like we'll be having any more little grasshoppers.

I'll have to figure out the computer album (is that the Picasa thing?). I just load the pictures onto the blog and forget about them. Loved your plum trees, and the thought with them.

leah said...

Post a picture when you're done! I totally lack that sort of talent, but love seeing what other people can do! That fabric is totally cute.