Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Friday

I love Fridays :0) And today is a "PTO" Friday. Although we're officially done with school for the summer (kinda, sorta), the boys still love to go to Grandpa and Grandma's, and I still love a quiet day at home.

And - isn't technology great - they're won't be home for at least another hour, and Grandma has already sent me some pictures of all the fun they're having!

Tate reminds me a bit of the youngest boy in Disney's Swiss Family Robinson. He's always catching something - though usually smaller creatures than the ones in the movie. Check out this teeny tiny salamander!


It seems to be a Western Red-backed Salamander. (No, I didn't make that up.)

They've been happily setting up an outpost of Dino-opolis, playing in the treehouse Grandpa built, playing with a homemade slip-n-slide, learning to drive (*gasp*) the riding lawnmower, and probably running around yelling their heads off in the woods.

More pictures to come. But none of the baby fawn they saw from the treehouse.

3 comments:

The Squirrel said...

"...and probably running around yelling their heads off in the woods."

Golly, I wonder why that fawn didn't stick around for a picture? Strange, that. Timid things, those woodland critters...

~Squirrel

CAUSE ME TO HEAR said...

That's a lot of fun! I have a 10yo daughter that absolutely LOVES catching anything! She reminds me of the little boy in Old Yeller that always had something in his pocket!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh that's funny you would say that, because it's the same actor as the boy I mentioned in Swiss Family Robinson!