Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Please Pray for our friend Bradyn

Our friends the Allens are missionaries in Zambia. You can read about their work and their family. Great people... really, great people.

Just got an email that their #2 daughter, Bradyn, has been hospitalized, and they suspect bacterial meningitis.

I'm sure your prayers for her healing would be welcomed.


UPDATE June 24
I just got an email from Bradyn's mom - she is improving (thanks for the prayers!) but still in the hospital, and quite upset about missing her older sister's birthday party. They're in Lusaka (the capital of Zambia) and have access to modern medicine and hospitals... but it's not like being at Childrens', by a long stretch.

We'll keep praying.

UPDATE June 24
Seems it might be pneumonia, not meningitis. She's still very sick, and the infection may be penicillin-resisitant, so they're trying other antibiotics. Good news - they have Emergency Evac Insurance and could be flown out to SA if necessary.

Praying it won't be... that she recovers well :0)

9 comments:

Ruby said...

Prayers for little Bradyn.

Whoa! That is some face lift! I love it when people change their templates...but you do get used to seeing the familiar.

Craig and Heather said...

I will be praying, Please keep us posted.

Craig

The dB family said...

I will definitely keep her in my prayers! Saying one right now!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I'll pass on news as I get it.

And, Ruby, our 4th of July is coming - hence the red, white and blue :0)

Julie

leah said...

I love how you theme your blog to the season!

I will definitely pray for this precious girl. What a frightening situation, but I know God is with their family. I hope she recovers soon!

CAUSE ME TO HEAR said...

Praying for Bradyn! It is never fun to go through the trial (fire), but it always strengthens our faith.

Zec 13:9 - And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

Praying here in Virginia!

Ruby said...

Pneumonia is still serius but a little less than the other.
Still praying.

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Wow - I've been so mired in my own mess that I've gotten very behind. I'll add my prayers, too.

P.S. I'll pray for you and you handsome family, too!

P.P.S. I like the 'face lift', too! I've been trying to mess with mine a little bit, too. I'm not quite as brave as you are at the moment, though ;)