Monday, June 29, 2009

Simple Woman #24


Simple Woman

FOR TODAY June 29, 2009

Outside My Window... laundry flapping on the line, boys playing in the yard, and robins hunting bugs and worms for their babies.

I am thinking... that last week was just crazy. I forgot to post on Monday - no big deal - because we had appointments and meetings and check-ups and parties all week long.

I am thankful for... a more relaxed schedule this week!

I am praying for… the boys' attitudes, especially Wyatt's. It stinks. That boy needs to have an outlet for his boundless energy - like running about 20 miles a day, or something. Though I know nothing about it, there are times I wished we lived on a farm - somewhere there was meaningful physical work to give the boys.

From the learning rooms... we're picking away at a few things. I told Wyatt and Tate that if they will do just a couple of math lessons a week during the summer, then they will be able to have a four-day school week pretty much all year. We're also doing science experiments and writing them up with sketches.

From the kitchen... Must. Throw. Something. In. Crock-pot.

I am wearing... crop jeans, t-shirt, purple hoody. Cool today.

I am creating... feeling very flat in this department. Maybe when I get my office picked up I'll have the mental space to want to work on something.

I am going... as few places as possible this week!

I am reading... the boys and I finally finished the Joe Moser book. While they were fascinated by his experiences and enjoyed reading through the book, it was written for adults and assumed a certain amount of background knowledge that the boys didn't have, so I had to do a lot of explaining and "connecting the dots", so to speak.

I'm reading "The Light and the Glory", and our next read-aloud is ??????

I am hoping... to feel better. I've had some unexplained dizziness lately. Talking with the doc about it. Only possible conclusion so far is Stay Hydrated. Okay.

I am hearing... a few birds. Silence from the boys. I think they're playing with Legos.

Around the house... I've moved the furniture again - something I enjoy :0) The boys have tidied their bedroom, and I have summer sheets on our bed with big tropical yellow, green and turquoise flowers.

One of my favorite things... the brief feeling of satisfaction when the kids are behaving, the house is in order and nothing is hanging over my head. But it never lasts.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Looking forward to the 4th of July. We're invited to my parents' to hang out and BBQ. They live way up on a hill with a glorious view for miles and miles. We sit on their deck and watch everyone else's fireworks, far away from most of the hubbub.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



I'm so glad Kerry snapped this picture because I forgot to save the "wrapping paper" - blue prints that the boys accessorized with personal messages. They read as follows:

Wyatt
To: Mom
From: your lovable, adorable, handsom, strong, helpful, smart and totally awesome son: Wyatt

Tate
No pecy pecy!!! (No peeky peeky.)
Tope Secret!!!!
and that means you can't loke inside!!!!!
from milita (militia) mastermind Tate

Gunnar
To MOM
From your loveing compassionate son Gunnar

6 comments:

Ruby said...

Those wrappings bless my heart!

The dB family said...

What priceless wrapping paper! Enjoy your quiet week!

Ann Marie said...

Agreed. Those wrappings are precious.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Aren't they great?!

Really struggling with self-esteem, my kids...

*eyes roll*

leah said...

I'm just impressed that Gunnar used a word like "compassionate." WOW!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

To be fair, Leah, I have used that word a lot with him because he really is very compassionate... very tender-hearted toward others.